Thursday, June 19, 2008

Elise Neal - I Had No Idea



I've never been checkin for Elise Neal...I just remember her from that show All of Us and really, when I did watch, I just watched that for LisaRaye and the cute little boy who played the son. Anyhoo...Bossip interviwed Elise recently and she talks a bit about her relationship with Fugly Cent (or Fitty Cent to you) and how the Pussy Cat Dolls straight jacked her song, her ideas, and her choreography. Damn.

What about you and 50 Cent?
What about it?

Was it serious?
I never talk about that – because honestly I feel that so many people talk about instances where they’ve been with somebody who is famous for the wrong reason. And [50] would be the first person to say that it’s very true about me. I would go left to not be that person that either he or the world would assume that of. I didn’t hang out with him because I thought –“hmm that would get me somewhere.” I’m not that chick.

What drew you to ole Bugsy?
I really enjoyed hanging out with him. We knew each other for quite a while and nobody knew it. I liked telling jokes with him and being silly with him and I like Cancer men, and he’s a Cancer – so it was a basic attraction. It had nothing to do with the fact that he is Curtis Jackson and I’m Elise Neal.

Why didn’t it work out between you two?
We weren’t even boyfriend and girlfriend. I guess I’m a different type of woman. If I didn’t say I’m trying to take this thing further with you and a man doesn’t say I’m trying to take this thing further with you, then I don’t assume [anything]. I stick to what’ve decided. I’m not the kind of person who thinks it’s going to go somewhere because we’ve been hanging out for a year. I’m not like that. I’m like a guy that way. I think things should be discussed and decided on. I enjoyed hanging out with him, and I think he enjoyed hanging out with me (but you’ll have to ask him that). I didn’t expect it to be a “white picket fence” I’m not delusional.

Tell our readers a little about your R&B group Assorted Flavors
I’m so proud of them. I come from a performance background, and that’s my 1st passion. I think I’m better at that than I am an actor. I missed performing so I put this group together – to fill this void I’ve been missing.

I want to reveal something that sounds like “hate” but it’s really the truth. In 2005, when I first decided to put a group together, I went out to find the creator of the Pussycat Dolls because it was kind of in the realm of what I wanted to do. At that time we had the same representation (MSA) that worked with Robin Anton. The Dolls were working on a rock album – they were still trying to find a voice.

I invited some of the Dolls to one of our first performances where we performed "Don't Cha." And to make a long story short, We [Assorted Flavors] performed it in February 2005 and they came out with the song in April or May 2005. They rushed and got their version out before we had a chance to do anything about it.

Damn. So the Pussycat Dolls success came from an idea they stole from you?
Yes. I created and choreographed the show. The whole concept was my idea. And they totally took the idea and ran with it and are now mega stars. And I have proof – I had to get that off my chest.
That’s pretty jacked up. How did you handle that situation?
If we were already as established as we are now I would’ve approached it “differently”– it was a whole new experience for me, but you live and you learn. [Assorted Flavors] is doing really well now. We’ve been performing all over the place. We’ll probably be at R&B Live in July. It’s been really fun for me.

I want to know where the lawsuit is?! Don't people sue for any and everything these days?! If she got proof then I don't understand why she at least wasn't monetarily compensated. I mean ain't nothing she do about PCD making Don't Cha an anthem but she should at least be getting paid for it. I ain't never heard of a group called Assorted Flavors but a quick zugsh on the blogger and I found this: Elise Neal Presents Assorted Flavors....hmmmmmm, its too bad PCD stole Don't Cha. Really too bad. And, I don't know if like the name Assorted Flavors...kind of sounds like Lifesavers.

Anyway, I'll be checkin for Elise in a movie she has coming out next year. To read the whole article click: PCD done stole her shit

2 comments:

Miss P said...

wow. i was never checking for her like that before. now i really wish her group had released dont cha first. i LOATHE PCD.

The F_Uitlist said...

Folks should have known something was up with PCD because Robin and that lipgloss poppin choreographer don't move like that.