Thursday, August 23, 2007

If You Must Upgrade Your Man....



One of my most favorite couples....scratch that, I don't really have favorite couples. I guess what I meant to say was, one of the couples I most enjoy seeing out and about and learning about is Nas and Kelis. Individually, I respect them both as artist. Together, it is obvious that they clearly respect, adore, and love each other and in my opinion, represent a level of black love that many [black] people are never fortunate enough to attain. I love that. I can also appreciate that we don't see them out and about just anywhere and when we do, it is usually in support of each other. I also love that they aren't afraid to show affection towards each other but we never see them tonguing each other down. They are fabulous, classy and normal. I think they epitomize that Fab song...you know, I'm a movement by myself, but I'm force when we're together....yeah that's them.

Anyway, in the newest edition of Fashion Rocks they discuss their relationship and their new reality show, "Mr. and Mrs. Jones."

About the show:
“Sometimes I feel like “This is cool, man; I have TV cameras following me wherever I go,” he says, sipping a margarita from a plastic cup. “Other times I want to crawl under a rock.” His mouth turns down stubbornly. “I feel like an idiot–’Did I really agree to this?’ It feels so self-absorbed, so self-indulgent.”

“It’s going to be great, baby,” says Kelis in the calming tones of someone used to this conversation. “It has to be great, because if it’s not great we won’t let them put it on TV.”

How Kelis upgraded Nas' fashion sense:

Before I met Kelis, I wore Gucci or whatever was hot,” says Nas, with admiration in his eyes. “I didn’t dress badly, because there’s no excuse to disrespect the gods of the stage with some bummy shit: I always say you better rob, cheat, or steal threads to look good up there because hip-hop is about being fresh from your head to toes. But this is a whole different level. Kelis has really made me get my spirit up and step up my clothes game.”

Luv them! And you KNOW I'll be watching!

0 comments: