Thursday, September 20, 2007

ANTM: Spontaniouse?

I must be getting old or something but ANTM just isn't doing it for me anymore....seriously, I was more interested in watching Kid Nation (which from what I saw is really good! Those kids are smart and interesting and funny. I like Mike and Taylor but I digress) than ANTM but I cannot NOT watch the show and chose to be bored. I guess it was a nice change that Tyra had the semi-finalist on a cruise ship and she got her time to sing (which we all know is her real dream) in her Vegas tranny/lounge singer get-up but um, it was pretty much the same as per usual. There is the girl with the mild version of autism who has the hump in her back....she is the version of the blind bitch Amanda or the he-man looking one who got the syphilis or whatever she had on her face and skin and she had to hold the doll baby instead of those big ass kids in the got milk photo shoot. Point is, Tyra always gotta pick a handicap. Then there is the "Eva" but this time her name is Ebony and she really isn't mean but her mother was "like a crack-head" and her grandmother saved her life and her boyfriend was mean to her. So that is why she is mean to the world. Sarah, the plus size model who really isn't plus sized but regular sized. Then there is everyone else who with a make-over is either going to be fierce or go home real soon...for some reason I'm just not excited but I have to watch. Weird huh?

Anyhoo....I think the one thing that peaked my interest the whole show was Spontaniouse. I kept thinking I was reading the name wrong but no, her mother actually thought she was being creative or different and possibly even cute by naming her chile Spontaniouse (or Spontaneous). And she looked like a Spontaniouse. I just don't understand people. But I won't even begin to try. I asked myself would I rather be named Spontaniouse or Neffeteria? How bout just call me X.

I also wanted to know why Tyra had to get on the table to demonstrate how the girl gives a bikini wax. Ummmmm, what was the point in that? I'm sure Tyra knows all the poses and leg lifts needed to wax and attack that cooter. Sigh...just anything for a rating.

Lastly, I'm currently looking forward to seeing how well Saleisha, Lisa, Chantal, Sarah and the autism girl do. I thought Marvita (the girl who was raped and is from Alaska) was better than Ambreal, and Ebony is pretty but I'll have to see her after tha makeover. Bianca reminds me of that girl from two seasons back who everyone said looked like Tyra and she was more of a pop 'n' locker than a model (I don't feel like looking her name up) but anyway, she looks like she could be cute after they get rid of that half dyed weave. In any case, I think I always feel very blah about the season during the first episode cuz we already know who makes it and blah blah blah....this season could be interesting. The black girls are already fighting as we see in the next espisode. And whether I want to or not, I'll be all up in it.

0 comments: