Monday, September 17, 2007

The Gist: Emmys 2007

Some of you prolly don't even care about the Emmys....but I'm a serious Televisionista and I take the Emmys seriously. This year, however, I was bored and Ryan Seacrest doesn't need to host another damn thing.

So let's see...as per usual, the Emmy's honored the old people. Sally Fields (altho I'm not mad at that. I've been loving all my old white bitches....Sally, Meryl, Diane, and Shirley forever and whenever they get props for anything is most certainly always well deserved) But dammit to hell, Tony Bennet did not deserve all those damn Emmys. How dare they. He must be about to die or something because just hell no. Oh I was surprised TWICE...for one, I cannot believe 30 Rock won best comedy....was so expecting Ugly Betty to win. And yes people, 30 Rock deserved that shit....that show is fluffin HIGH-Lari-US! And 85% of it is all Alec Baldwin. But yes, 30 Rock and The Office are indeed the funniest shows not on cable. And my other surprise was Izzie winning an Emmy over both Yang and Bailey!!! Are you really kidding me right now? Just hell no. But watevs. Kanye's lil skit with Rain Wilson aka Dwight was kinda funny and I was happy James Spader won his Emmy because he is superb (yes bitches, I said superb) on Boston Legal. Well deserved.

Anyhoo....so I guess now we can talk about some of the pretty people and what they wore.


I thought Vanessa was stunning....feathers and all. I also feel like V. Williams is about the only bitch that could pull this off. So don't none of you silly broads go looking for some feathers to glue and/or sew on a dress, shirt, lapel unless you want to be bitch slapped!


America looked pretty....it looked prettier on TV....and Betty, you forgot to thank Salma Hayek boo.



I thought KLS looks beautiful as per usual....I like the dress better from the back tho and from certain angles, the dress made her look bigger than she is.



Queen La looked gorgeous and I love the red on her. I also thought the fake ass whatever that was for Roots was good. I mean, yeah thanks for remembering Roots, but really whities, you know it don't mean shit to none of ya'll cuz if it did we still wouldn't have tokens on the shows AND more than 3 black/latinos/asians would have been nominated. And we all know DAMN well that Bailey should have won that Emmy over somebody's silly ass Izzie. But watevs, the Queen looked fabulous talking bout our people AND Cicely Tyson is fierce!




Now Sara....you know I love you boo but um, never again with the little peek-a-boo keyhole on the hip/stomach....and if I can't even decipher where the peephole is supposed to be, that means you should not be wearing that. I mean, really Sara? Why? From the boobs up, its all good tho.



And Omar and Keisha got my vote for cutest couple award. Keisha's dress is Pea in the Pod! Fab!! They are expecting a baby boy!

0 comments: