Thursday, October 11, 2007

ANTM: Boo - UPDATE!

OK so I've watched and ummmm, my feeling is pretty much the same...with a few exceptions. But first let me just say, I think the biggest problem here is that level of model potential in this bunch is just not as great as it has been in past seasons. Usually after the makeovers I feel like there are some serious upgrades and people who were once pretty or cute are now fabulous and fierce. This season, yeah the makeovers helped but the upgrades were very minimal. Something about this group is just not cuttin it. But watevs....let's discuss the show, shall we? Mkay, the removal of Ebony's rubber cemented glued on wig that she got for free was hard to watch. I mean really, wtfluckery? Who just glues shit on their face?! Like I really want to know why some black women could care two shits about the consequences of putting all types of shit in their hair...especially when the outcome of rubber cementing shit on your scalp and face doesn't even look that great. I mean really, Pelican, the wig didn't make you look any better AND it damn sure didn't help draw attention away from your beak. AND speaking of Ebony's beak, I am SO happy that Tyra and judges pointed out her weird lip action and the fact that she looks and acts like a lost bird. It was NOT an accident that they made her BIRDS OF PARADISE!!!

And onto the next...Bianca's hair damage was indeed atrocious. Like who does that? When your hair is already fucked up, who decides to just add a weave in the back and dye the top purple? How come no one says, you know what, let me find a stylist who can help make my hair healthy? Length is really not that serious. I mean, damn black society for forcing upon us that long hair = beauty....but I won't get into that today. I'm just going to reiterate that something is off with Bianca and the baldie is way better than that fugly ass wig they gave her (at panel she looked a mess and Miss Jay was correct in telling that wig to quiet down while he petted it) and her picture wasn't cute at all but I think a lot of that had to do with the two sun flower leaves they glued on the top of her head...yeah, just no.

So um, my girl Saliesha....damn. When you start the beginning of the episode saying I will never be in the bottom two...and then say wait a minute, are you listening? I don't think you understood the words that are coming out of my mouth. Yeah, boo, that means you are gonna be in the bottom two....I mean, ANTM is good for a foreshadow and dammit Liesha you ended up in the bottom two and you deserved it. Your picture was not good and the previous two were just aight. PLEASE step your game up. I've already come to the conclusion that it will take a miracle for you to win this thing, but I at least need you to make it further than a few of the girls that I know you are better than. I will say though that your hair is of the best of the make-overs and your confidence is fabulous, but you need to figure out to make it work. Carry on.

So the last thing I want to say is Lisa's hair is not cute and Tyra knows it and that is why she said something like, if you make it further we'll need to straighten out your cut. Jenah is fugly in person and that blonde hair makes her look like a street walker BUT she sure does take a damn good picture. Ambreal is just not doing it for me. I think they should have left her hair the way it was. Not that her hair makes a difference, but I think her afro kind of gave her more of an edge than the typical black girl short hair cut. And Chantal is an idiot.....yes it may be difficult to have two people telling you two different things but really, was it that hard? And why can't you just decided to listen to one or figure out away to do what they are both saying? And then the tears? Please. And I love Heather. If she wins this shit, she'll be proof to all Ass-bergers that you may not know how to focus and you may walk with a hunch back, but you too can be hot and be ANTM!











Mkay, so um I missed ANTM last night so obviously, I can't discuss it....but um, I did manage to see how the makeovers went and um....since when do makeovers not help? All I can say now just by looking at the makeovers is that Saleshia and Heather are definitely my top two. Now I didn't see the episode so this is just based on my previous personal opinion and the photos....I don't know how Ass-berger was actin in this episode or if Saleshia didn't make it do wut it do in a challenge or something (but I will update the post once I watch)....in any case, I did see that it looks like Bianca went thru two makeovers due to her hair damage. Yeah um....weave or a baldie, something is off. And Ebony really does look like a pelican but with a fucked up beak.

2 comments:

Elle said...

Yeah actually these were some of the best makeovers I've seen on this show. Upgrade! Only one (Jenah) turned out to be a mess. Ken Paves did his thing! But you have got to see 1) when they pulled Ebony's cement glued weave from her forehead, and 2) when they told Bianca her hair was a wrap, broke out the clippers and told her she was going to get a medical wig! LOLOLOLOLOL!

Anonymous said...

You definetely need to see the show! They were serving up humble pie for everyone!