Monday, October 22, 2007

THRILLER 25 Years Later...



So I don't think I'm alone when I say that Michael Jackson USED to be my boyfriend and my most favoritest singer, performer, entertainer of all time. I mean I know I couldn't possibly be the only one that used to wish I was little when Michael was little so we could sing The Love You Save together or we would be playing in the park and I would be on the swing and he would be pushin me while he sang Rockin Robin or we would both be on stage singing Maybe Tomorrow and I would be tearin it up! Basically he loved me and I loved him. But then there was Thriller...seriously, Thriller has to still be one of my favorite albums of all time. I know I'm not the only one who still knows ALL of the choreography to the Thriller mini-movie video. I know I'm not the only one who used to watch the making of the Thriller mini-movie and my favorite part was when Michael was in make-up and it took hours for him to become the wolf and they sped that part up and the background music they were playing Working Day and Night. And I know I'm not the only one that still drops it like nobody's business when PYT comes on. I think that may be one of my favorite songs of all time. But anyway....why I am talking about Michael Jackson? Well FoxNews.com is reporting that the 25th anniversary edition of Thriller is on its way!!

Jackson’s new music attorney, Peter Lopez, told me on Tuesday that about four of the original "Thriller" tracks are being remixed as "extras" for the CD package. Kanye West, Akon and will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas are supposed to be doing that work. The songs are "Billie Jean," "The Girl Is Mine," "Wanna Be Starting Something" and "Pretty Young Thing."

In addition, Lopez says that four tracks left off "Thriller" in 1983 will be included. Jackson’s longtime producer Bruce Swedien, who no longer works with the pop star, told me that one track he knows of is a killer. It’s called "Don’t Be Messin’ Around." Swedien doesn’t know any of the other tracks left off the album but said there may be some out there.

This excites me!! I don't necessarily need Akon involved in anything Michael related but at this point I'm just so happy to know that Michael is doing anything other than owing taxes and making white babies. I also don't need to see Michael in any videos. I will be happy with just music. So anyway....something else musical for me to look forward to.

0 comments: