Wednesday, January 23, 2008

In Sad White People News....


His body was found at 3:26 pm yesterday. By 5:04 pm I had three people IMing asking if I knew that Heath Ledger was dead. I told one friend, no you late boo, you talking about Brad Renfro. She was like read CNN bitch, it's Heath! I was shocked and saddened. My next thought was Matilda. She's actually one of the cute lil white celeb babies. I was like damn, Matilda doesn't have a daddy. My next thought was why Heath? I hope you didn't do this on purpose. Do we have to have a River Phoenix in every generation?

I liked Heath. See I put Heath on my Something New list years ago when he was in that movie 10 Things I Hate About You. I liked his long curly unruly hair. But you know, then I grew up and I didn't really think about him too much until Monster's Ball. I also remember thinking that I really liked him and Naomi Watts as a couple....like he would be the guy dating the older woman. But then came Brokeback Mountain and if nothing else, you had to respect him as great actor. He was good as hell in that movie. And at the same time he found love with Michelle and then came Matilda and life was good for Heath. But then they broke up -- the rumor was because of his pill poppin -- but everyone breaks up. It's never that serious. But tell that to Amy Wino.

And I don't know about you, but I was/am so amped to see him as the Joker in the new Batman movie. When the pictures from the set started leaking, I got really excited. He looks scary as hell....he is going to be a better Joker than Jack Nicholson. I can guarantee that that movie is going to make a bazillion more dollars just because everyone wants to see the Joker....see Heath in his last film ever.

R.I.P Heath. Definitely gone too soon.

0 comments: