Thursday, February 28, 2008

ANTM: Tyra Ignores Homeless People

But then she was "homeless" for a day and now she stops and gives all homeless people a quarter and a sammich.

So last night on America's Next Top Model, Tyra paid homage to homeless young women. Last season on her talk show, she spent a day as a homeless person --people whom she admittedly ignored -- and now she is using her girls in ANTM to help put a face on the homeless by doing a photo shoot with them.

But before we even get to the photo shoot....let's discuss why the black girls in the house have to be the ones with such issues? Fatima, the African, is truly gorgeous but her attitude makes her so ugly. But then you think...damn, wouldn't you have an attitude if your clitoris was chopped off and your labia was sewn together? I mean, I have a serious attitude problem and my va-jay-jay situation is A-OK. So fuck is my excuse? But then its like, really Fatima, simma down bitch. This high and mighty Coming to America role you are playing is so not necessary and you fuckin with Marvita who looks like she will knock your 88 pound block off. Relax Fatima. Seriously.

Fatima

And Marvita, who definitely has a modelesque look about her....kind of like a dark skinned a lil more hood and less hot version of Omyra....she of course is dealing with being a former homeless person and being raped etc. I feel for her and I can see that she is trying really hard not to be "that black girl" and I was happy when she told Fatima that she has never met a mean African until she met her. And then once Fatima heard Marvita's story they kind of patched things up but it still annoyed me that right off the bat, the black people can't just get along.

Marvita

Side note, I hate the new "Tyra Mail".....with all of the models reading the words one by one as they come out on the scroll. That is going to annoy the shit out of me for the rest of the season.

As for everyone else, I loved when new judge Paulina Porizkova (she's no Janice but she's a huge upgrade from Twiggy) told Dominique that she looks like a drag queen cuz she does. Kim, the model who has the pug face (bulbous nose and a squished face), eliminated herself because she realized that modeling wasn't for her. I agree with her that one outfit shouldn't cost $2,000 but bitch there have been 10 cycles of this show. Did you not know that models model shit that cost more than most people will see in a year? Dumb ass.

As for the photo shoot....overall, I think everyone did a great job feeling like they were homeless while surrounded by the real homeless girls in their couture ensembles. My favorite picture was taken by Aimee. Even though Pug face eliminated herself, Tyra still had an elimination and my pretty girl Atalya was eliminated. At this point, it is hard to say who is going to make it to the end because more than a few actually have model potential. More so than in the last few cycles of the show. So we'll just have to see how things go after the make-over, more fighting, runway walk training etc.



My favorite shot - Aimee

Atalya - Bye boo.

I can't believe I'm watching a tenth cycle of this show. Damn you Tyra!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Why was I thinking the exact same thing you so eloquently stated. If I go a while without dick, I'm pretty much out of control. Just think she will never get any dick! The HORROR! The scrolling tyra mail was like nails on chalkboard. Why do they all have to read it? Make it stop! Then the dumb bitch that doesn't support paying 2,000 for an outfit. You don't have to support it but just shut up and wear it. Stupid bitch! And after all that, I sat and watch the whole show and can't wait for the makeover show. I really hope they dye Fatima's hair a different color. Did anyone see Project Runway?

TravelDiva said...

LMAO!

Paulina is WAAAAAAAY better than Twiggy! And I loved that she called Nigel and old judge. She could care less and I like it.

Fatima--I want to root for her. I really do. But she and Marvita can be extremely annoying. I'm sorry about the female mutilation. That's really unimaginable. But I don't think she has to talk about it every week. Just like Marvita doesn't have to talk about being raped every week. I know it's only week 2, but I just don't think it has to be brought up in every confessional.

LOL on reading the Tyra mail. I think what's annoying me is their enthusiasm. Everytime somebody walks in, they sqeal like michael jackson just walked in. It's Mr. Jay. Come on, let's not be that dang pressed!

That dumb chick that quit ticked me off. Why did she try out then?

TravelDiva said...

and LOL Tarneka. I know--no matter how annoying ANTM can be, I still watch!

Marleaux said...

Did you see Dom's face when Paulina was revealed as a judge. Yep, "oh my God" is right Dom, you'll hear the tranny comment again and again.

And Atalya worked it on the catwalk, I think it was too soon for her to go, but I agree that she was just a pretty face.