Monday, February 11, 2008

The Gist: The Grammy Awards

With all that was going on at the Grammys, you would think that it would have been one of the best Grammy nights ever.....but um, no, not so much. Part of the reason is that the Grammys have to recognize every genre....got country mofos up there singing songs about checkin his bitch for ticks. Like, really? After rollin around in the sticks you wanna check her for ticks? And then had the ticks lighting up the stage in the background! Then there seemed to be way too much talking and I mean, overall, the performances were good but I don't think any performance was GREAT.... I think I was just expecting something crazy, like some real memorable performances....having me entranced type performance....you know something along the lines of watching Jennifer Holliday and Jennifer Hudson shut it down forever singing And I Am Tellin You. Silly of me to have such high expectations...I guess.

Anyhoo......



Amy Winehouse won 5 well deserved Grammys. She performed via satellite from London and her performance was a hot ass mess. She is clearly still detoxing or something...like I truly believe she was sober I just think sumtin wasn't right. She was moving erratically and her singing was well, bad. But I most certainly appreciated her shouting out Blaaaaaake who is incarcerated and Ray-Ray. Amy is so hood. Gotta love her. Watch both her performance and her acceptance speech:



Amy Winehouse performs at '08 Grammys
by TheDlisted

Rihanna's hair was just FAB! I mean, she's just hot. And we know this. I was happy to see The Time performing. Got real amped about that. The Time proved that black really don't crack. They all look exactly the same. If Prince performed with them, then I would have been done. But it was Rih Rih and she did a lil medley and then did the side to side dance with them at the end. I was entertained but it was just aiight.


Alicia performed twice. Once with Frank Sinatra a la Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole. I was too distracted by the rooster thing she had going on with her hair....but I loved the dress and her face was flawless. When she performed No One, I believed her. I think it was one of her best performances of that song. And I love John Mayer. So overall, she was one of my faves of the night.

I enjoyed Kanye's lite brite performance. Wasn't spectacular but it was good. The tribute to his mom at the end was emotional. I love that when he won his grammy he made the people turn the music off so he could keep talkin. Yup, I likee Kanye.

Side note. What the fuck Cher?

Then there was Yonce and Tina. First of all, Tina looks AMAZING. Her body is off the chain. And no, she couldn't keep up with the dance steps, but I didn't care. For her age, she is still makin it do wut it do and I loved it. Now as for the duet action....I mean, it was good but the problem is that Yonce was holdin back because she didn't want to out-do the legend. So I respect that. But I just feel like if Yonce did Proud Mary by herself.....you feel me?


Anyway, I have nothing else to say. Congrats to those who were Grammy winners.

P.S. I am glad Janet and Mary J. boycotted the Grammys.....had Janet and Mary been allowed to perform, the show might have, just maybe, would have been what it should have been. I'm just sayin.

1 comments:

TravelDiva said...

I was excited about the Time too! That was unexpected. I said, Not Morris Day and Jerome! STOP!