Monday, February 25, 2008

The Oscars

So um, yeah, I didn't really watch. Lifetime was showing "Misery" and I forgot how crazy that bitch was in that movie. Memba how she breaks his legs?! Love that movie! Anyway, I did catch a few red carpet moments and I did try to watch the beginning but Jon Stewart was actually not funny, the awards given out in the first hour or so were a bunch of "who gives a shits", and that song from that movie Enchanted was when I was really like aw hell to da naw. I mean could she have at least wore her Cinderella dress to jazz it up a lil bit? Maybe a mouse or two to come out and sing with her? I had to change the channel but then turned back right quick to catch a choir and a little black girl SANGIN....but that was enough for me. I realized that I hadn't seen not a one movie that was nominated for anything important so how could I possibly care...and I knew Ruby Dee was not going to win. And that's when "Misery" got good!


I did want to show the following ensemble that was the best entertainment of the whole evening. Daniel Day-Lewis' wife showed up wearing, I think, what has to be the most fugliest ensemble I've ever seen. From the red ribbons to the velvet top with whatever that shit is on the front (big ass flower buttons?) to the ill-fitting bottom to those fuckin shoes. Thank you lady. Your fugtastic dress made it all worth it.

0 comments: