Monday, April 21, 2008

Life In The Fab Lane: All Rise!


So last night was the premiere of season 2 of Life in the Fab Lane and it was, well fabulous, of course!! Many things have changed for Kimora...she is now Creative Director of Phat everything, she promoted Sandra to Brand Manager (no longer her personal assistant), and her babies are growing up.

This episode begins with Kimora trying to find something to wear to work...Ming and Aoki give their fashion forward opinions and tell Mommy to put on some Baby Phat jeans and a Chanel sweater....Kimora's new assistant (who is not permanent as of yet) tells Kimora that she looks good and Kimora says, a blind man can see that this doesn't look good. The new girl is still learning the ropes....but how do you tell Kimora she doesn't look good?

At the office, Kimora is sure to let everyone know that there is a "new sheriff in town" and she's running shit. Then someone is on their blackberry during the meeting and she tells them how rude that is. Then of course, proceeds to respond to an email on her blackberry. LOVE.IT. In another meeting Russell pops on by for no reason. Wouldn't it be great if you could marry someone that helps to turn you into a mogul and then when you are done you move on and find you a hot Mandingo warrior but still be friends with your ex?? Life in the fab lane indeed. Kimora is the shizz. It just doens't get any better.

Oh but wait it does...cuz she's the best mommy ever too! The next big thing is Ming Lee's 8th birthday party! Ming says she wants a camping themed party and Kimora enlists the help of Sandra...no longer the personal assistant but still party planning, while trying to juggle deadlines for her work in her new position. Sandra spends time trying to find entertaintment....there was some black guy doing bootleg ass magic with some newspaper, a contorsionist who can fit in a tennis racket, and some lady with balloons. She picked the face painting lady, which was a good call. My cousin had a face painter lady at her daughter's 5th birthday and it was great! The kids love that stuff!! Anyway....Ming's party is so fabulous! The indoor pool was turned into a tropical forest and the family room (or one of those rooms) was turned into a full on camp ground with fake fire, tents, and sleeping bags (kind of but not really). The kids all wore "Camp Ming Lee" t-shirts and it was clear they were having the best time ever!

And of course, Aoki was involved in every detail. She made sure to taste every single last piece of cake at the cake tasting. When everybody was done tasting, Aoki was still at the table grubbin. That would be me. I love that little girl. Seriously. Anyway, the cake was made in an image of Ming by cake maker extraordinaire Sylvia Weinstock...the cake really looked like Dora the Explorer but who cares, that cake looked good as hell! Before they cut they cake, Aoki presented Ming with the fairy princess she painted for Ming at 'Color Me Mine'....so precious. Can I just tell ya'll that two of my best friends took me to Color Me Mine for my birthday -- no they did not just paint a princess for me and give it to me, I had to paint my own shit. And it is the most fugly piece of shit ever. Like why? It started out good. Thought I had some good colors poppin...then it got fugly. Like I had to go putting dots on there, then I had to write my name and my paintbrush wasn't writing how I wanted it to...it's a mess of art. But I love it. And I thought Aoki's princess was hot too...brown and pretty just like them.

So to end the party, Sandra got some lil group called 'The Clique Girlz' to perform for Ming in their big ass theater in their house. Ming loved it! All the girls were jumping around dancing and stuff. Yeah um.....that is what I call a Happy Birthday for the fabulous!

7 comments:

Elle said...

LOL! Everyone should have a Color Me Mine birthday at least once in life.

The F_Uitlist said...

I loved this episode! So sad it will be my last (damn Queens/Brooklyn) because effin Cablevision does not have the style network! SMH * wipe tears* I will have to wait until they re-run the episodes on E!

Do they show episodes on line?

F.U. said...

Oh damn f$%k it! I'm crying for you...whose ass do I need to beat up in cablevision! How dare they?! If it makes you feel better (altho I know it won't) you always have my recaps, once the repeats do start showing on E! they will be on all the damn time, and while they don't play the entire episode online, you can get glimpses here:http://www.mystyle.com/mystyle/shows/kimora/

The F_Uitlist said...

I am still crying about this.... I am writing a nasty email to cablevision as we speak and I will send one until they correct this error. (I've been known to write a nasty letter until I get a response)

I will depend on your recaps and also E! SO DAMN SAD

Monday Blues said...

LOL! I love this episode too... by the way, do you know the title of the song that played on the beginning of this episode (when Kimora in her dressing room)? thx b4...

F.U. said...

Hey Monday Blues...I don't know the title of the song, sorry boo. But I am interested in knowing how you get to watch this show in Indonesia. That is where you are, right? I didn't know Kimora's show was broadcast internationally. Life in the Fab Lane indeed!

Also, I tried really hard to read your blog...yeah, maybe you can translate for me one day. :)

Monday Blues said...

hey, fu... well, in Indonesia we have the show from cable TV - E! Entertainment. I really like this show, u know...
anyway, so sorry that I haven't written any of my blogs in English.