Thursday, May 15, 2008

Tyra's Plus Sized Plan



I hadn't planned on discussing America's Next Top Model since I stopped bloggin about this season after Marvita got kicked off. The show is becoming way too predictable blah blah but I did not predict that Whitney would win. And well, she is the first plus sized model to win the competition. Fine. Great. I think it is wonderful. But then I come across this....



Supposedly, Whitney never auditioned for the show. No big deal, as a few girls from passed seasons were approached in malls or whatever. However, someone sent FourFour an email with those pictures and explained the following:

I debated on whether to share this given my source and you may have heard this already...The source is this wonderfully chatty boy in one of my classes...who says he went to high school with Whitney. The claim is that Whitney did not try out for top model but was approached on a plane by someone from the show. She was already doing modeling as a size 2 or 4 but because she was closer to a 4 she was a little too big for the show as a regular model. They told her that if she went and gained 10-20 pounds they would definitely put her on the show as "the plus-size model". She's about a 6 or 8 on the show. He even showed us this picture of her when she was smaller which was from a year ago.

He also said that she was going to make the top 3. That's why I held out from saying anything for 3 weeks. I wasn't sure if anything was credible. But since the "top 3" thing came through...


I mean I don't see why a model who is already a size 2 or 4 would purposely gain weight just to be on a show....unless she was told she would definitely win because it was time for a plus sized model to win -- I mean it has been 10 seasons already.

I'm not sayin but I'm just sayin....in either case, Congrats to Whitney -- fake plus size or not.

I think I might really be done with ANTM. 10 seasons are enough. Not to mention, I'm going to be all caught up in Tyra's new show, Stylista, that was just revealed at the CW upfronts. Damn you Tyra.