Friday, June 27, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance: Re-cap and Results (Kinda)

Yes, I know. It is Friday. My SYTYCD re-cap is beyond late. Totally not my fault - well I mean technically it is - but I'm just a busy beaver and it bees like that sometimes. So thanks to the 3rd best invention ever (after the phone and television) TIVO, I'm able to even give a re-cap days later. And somebody better read this shit.



Kherrington & Twitch: I said it last week, but I'll say it again....I really like these two. This week they had Hip-Hop and the dance was about them breaking out of jail. I liked the orange SYTYCD jumpsuits and even better I liked their dance. I think Kherrington did her thing altho she smiled just a lil too much for me....like you just escaped from jail, yeah you should be happy, but you ain't safe yet. That's was the point. I enjoy both of their personalities and it came across very well. I had fun watching them.


Courtney & Gav: I wasn't bored this week, that's for damn sure. Courtney and Gav got the Rumba and it was sexy as hell. I mean, Courtney's costume was a barely there half dress and once I saw her slide down his back and his one leg, I was like well damn. They both were clearly very into the movements and really tried to bring the passion to the dance. I'm still not pumped about them but it was a HUGE improvement from the past two weeks. Like I actually remembered them this week.



Comfort & Chris: OK, so CC got Jazz but their choreographer spiced it up and made it African Jazz...or maybe just incorporated some African moves and concepts into a Jazz routine. Anyway, I thought it was excellent and for the first time, Christina out danced Comfort. He really stepped it up. Now while I agree with the judges that their fire could have been more serious, I liked it and was pumped for them. However, by the end of the show, I knew that they would be in the bottom three yet again.


Jessica and Will: Disco. Will & Jessica got disco. I wasn't happy with that choice because I just don't get into disco. And then during the rehearsal sessions when they were like Jessica was playing around more than she needed to be....I was like oh hell no! If they land in the bottom three again because this bitch - who needs more help than most - wants to be foolin around it is bout to be me and her. However as much as I don't like disco, thanks to Will and his serious John Travolta move, all the spins and tricks....I still don't like disco but Will was great! The funny thing here is that yeah, Jessica was good too, right? BUT, the choreographer lady was really trying to make this Jessica's dance and Will still stole her shine. He can't help it. He could dance the hokey pokey and it would be the hottest shit ever. But wait, before Adam the judge (who is hilarious) said how cute their fall was.....did you catch it? I was laughing because you could tell that she slipped and then Will put his hand down to hold them up and then while smiling, Jessica slid her hand down to the floor to help him hold them up. And then when Adam actually said, "that was cute when you fell and you put your hand down to hold each other up" and then Cat said, "Adam you aren't supposed to tell" and then Adam said, "oh like we all didn't just see it?" That is when I lost it. I thought I was the only one who caught that....clearly I have a dancers mind and I see all. All that to say, they were good, but I don't like disco.


Kourtni and Matt: I enjoyed them. Uma and Matt had a really cute contemporary piece that had them showing off all of their technical skills. They were in synch the entire number. I couldn't really tell if they were supposed to be monkeys or puppets or hobos but it didn't matter. They hit all the marks and it was fun and I liked them alot.


Chelsea and Thayne: Oh Chelsea and Thayne. Why did ya'll have to get the damn Quick Step! WHY?!! Let's start with the good. Their costumes were waaaay better this week. Chelsea looked very pretty. Ok, that's bout it with the good. The whole time watching them I'm like what is going on here? What are they doing? And why is Thayne smiling so hard?! And really, they don't know what they are doing. However, I refused to believe it was their fault. I kept saying it's not them. It's the dance. But I was only saying that because deep down, I knew these two were about to be dancing for their lives one more gin. And dammit if Nigel didn't tell them to get their solos ready. Damn quick step.


Chelsie and Mark: Seriously, these two are amazing. Love them. I have mentioned that I'm in love with Mark. He is just so damn hot. Do you see him! Ok but even better, they got Hip-Hop and their choreographers (that cute dancin couple) created a fantastic dance story to the song Bleeding Love. Everything was right. The song, the dance, the emotion, the movements...everything. I truly believed that Mark would rather be at work than home with her and I would have kicked his damn brief case too. He's too hot to be wasting his face at work. I didn't really like Chelsie's costume....it made her look more like his kid sister than wife of that hot man in a suit BUT she killed it. If her costume didn't convey who she was, her dancing and her face did. The poppin for the heart beat and the you cut me open and the "Man in the Mirror Michael Jackson jump" did it for me. Amazing.


Katee and Joshua: And one more gin. I. LOVE. THEM!!! These two are just off the chain. And what makes them so dope is that they are deadly on the low. Like you almost forget about them (especially after watching Chelsie and Mark) and then they come and make you remember why you love them and they kill it. This week Katee and Joshua got the Samba and all I had to say was daaayum, that's hot. And I was talking bout Joshua's booty! Did ya'll see his booty...even Nigel had to say I don't what's really good with those trousers but damn your ass is on point. Then they made his father, who was in the audience get up and show his booty -- but I'll get to that in a minute. Katee had on a version of Courtney's dress except it was purple and had feathers. I think the costume designer was just like fuck it. Make them the same shit just switch sides and colors. Anyway, the dance was hot and sexy just like I would think a Samba should be. They hit every point and they just dance so well together. They are the couple to beat. For sure.

Mkay but I'm not done. Let's just take it back to the pre-taped segment of Joshua and Katee and Joshua trying to teach Katee how to scream like a girl. Joshua, we know you and that luscious apple bottom of yours is beyond How U Doing but really, boo? Don't be hittin high notes like that. If Katee wants to scream like a boy let her. One of you has to play the role, you know? AND can someone please tell me why his father has platts in his hair that start in the middle of his head like Stevie Wonder's? And has a gold toofus. WHY?


Lastly, I just want to say, I love Adam as a judge. He does talk too much and I would be the same way. I don't know when the hell to shut up and I would have something to say about every last thing. At least he's funny with it. And lastly, I'll say again, da hell was Mary wearin? She had every piece of bedazzled glass she could find on her damn dress. It was an upgrade from last week tho.

OK so the results. I didn't watch the results show but a quick zugsh on the blogger told me that Chelsea and Christina got the boot. I'm so not surprised. I don't know who they had to battle but Christina should have been gone last week because I think Marquis out danced him and Chelsea just lost her shine. She started out as my favorite but she got worse each week. We can blame it on the costumes and the quick step but really, she just didn't have what it takes.

If you watched the results show last night and you feel like it, please tell me who was in the bottom three and whether or not you think Chelsea and Christina were the two that deserved to go home.

5 comments:

LBIC said...

Ok, bottom three:

Kourtni and Matt
Comfort and Chris
Chelsea and Thayne

First of all, wtf about Kourtni and Matt? That was bullshit.

I actually didn't like Joshua and Katee's routines. I like them the first week and they were good last week, but I honestly think they're overrated. The dance was sort of average for me and I'm gonna be a harsh bitch, it seemed really amateur. [/bitch] But that could have also been the choreography, in part.

As for Mark and Chelsie, oh I loved it! I thought they were amazing, the best of the night. Followed by Kourtni and Matt, Gev and Courtney and then Joshua and Katee.

kayellejaye said...

Based on the solos I think Chelsea should've gone home even though she was the only girl I liked.

My fave couple now is Joshua and Katee.

F.U. said...

LBIC - I cannot believe you don't like Joshua and Katee!! And you like Gev and Courtney better! Da hell?! You know I luv you boo, but no and no!

Ok but I totally agree that it is kinda crazy for Kourtni and Matt to be in the bottom BUT it was just cuz Courtney wore that dress. If Courtney didn't wear that dress and slid down Gev's leg and then do that booty lift, they would have prolly been in the bottom. Then again, Kourtni and Matt are still that in between couple. You can easily forget about them. They have all the technical skills in the world but if people don't like you then you just won't make it.



Kayellejaye - I'm surprised Comfort out danced Chelsea.

And one time for Joshua and Katee!

LBIC said...

I meant based on this past week's performances. Overall, I think Joshua and Katee are good and probably my second place with Chelsie and Mark as my first.

I agree about Kourtni and Matt. I feel the same way about Courtney and Gev. It's like I forget about them until I see them.

F.U. said...

LBIC - (Reading is fundamental) You did list your faves by the performances and not overall. My bad. But still, you did say that J & K are overrated (shock, mouth agape). And the funny thing is, J&K and Court & Gev pretty much had the same kind of night...sexy dresses and sexy dancing. So did you like it slow and sexy or did you like it fast and sexy with Joshua's big booty?

I think there were many a people split down the line for either couple, just like me and you.

The only thing is, if Courtney and Gev don't have a sexy dance again then they are going to go back to being boring and forgetable. While J&K are gonna keep makin it do wut it do!