Friday, July 25, 2008

SYTYCD Result Show: A Night Full Of Surprises

WOW. I did not like last night's show. At all. Um, my first shock of the night came because I didn't really like the opening number. What followed was Cat telling Will that he was in the bottom two. Will was clearly surprised that his James Brown solo didn't save him. Then Cat tells Mark that he was safe. Mark couldn't believe it! Me neither boo. I want to be happy for him but my mouth is agape because I realized that either Twitch or Joshua would be in the bottom- and Mark wasn't as good as any of them. And I knew it would be Twitch just because I think overall, while they are both audience faves and have these great personalities, Joshua is the better dancer. When Twitch heard he would be in the bottom he was brought to tears. Cat had to go rub his back and make sure he was OK. Just wow.

What I wasn't so surprised about was the fact that Comfort and Courtney were in the bottom two - at least one of my predictions turned out to be right. And we all know it was so time for Comfort to leave and thank goodness America got it right. I'm actually happy knowing that I don't have to see Comfort in a sports bra doin the same solo over and over again.

Anyway, I just can't believe that we had to say goodbye to Will. It was that damn orange hat.



This is another example of how even the best of the best don't always take home the prize when America is voting(Jennifer Hudson anyone? Will's orange hat is Jennifer's aluminum foil cat suit and curly mop head hair). It is so much more than technical skill. If America had got it right and went based on performance ONLY, Mark would have gone home - even he knew it should have been him. But you have to have the whole package and America has to relate to you. America has to really like you. Will isn't cute and bootylicious like Joshua, he isn't yummy and hot to def like Mark, and he isn't fun and entertaining like Twitch. And I should have known. I just knew it would be Will and Katee in the end but I was thinking that based on skill. The silver lining is that WE got to witness the pure talent that is Will and we know Will is going to be dancer extraordinaire professionally...this is beyond just the beginning for him. Luh u Will...bye.

As for the final two...now I think its anybody's game. With Will gone, I would like to say that it is going to be down to Katee and Joshua BUT America loves girls who look like Chelsie and Joshua's perm may be his downfall. It's all too much. I can't attempt to predict anymore.

P.S. I need for L.L. Cool J to please stop making music. Please. Continue to get hotter as you get older....that you can do.

3 comments:

LBIC said...

I was jumping up and down screaming with my j (ex ballet partner, actually) when she announced Mark was safe, but ugh, Will leaving broke my heart. I honestly thought he would make it to the final two but damn. the james brown routine didn't save him. too little, too late i guess. and it didn't really seem genuine. you said before about his personality seeming forced (like when he did the numbers thing with jessica) and you're totally right. too bad, though. he was amazing.

as for twitch, ugh, i'm tired of him. the judges obviously are favoring him and they talk about he's stepped up to the plate every time. um, do i need to whip out that mr. & mrs. smith routine he did with kherington? how about that god-awful one he did with comfort last week? such bullshit. i hope he leaves and it's mark and joshua in the finale. even though i think twitch is a million times sexier than joshua (i think it has to be the braces) Josh is the better dancer. though i think the judges are all up his ass too.

I think it's going to be a josh/katee final two with katee taking it, even though i don't like it. it's not that i don't like her, it's just that she's really only good when she's choreographed. her solos suck and she's slightly overrated. she wasn't that amazing in the broadway routine this week but the judges can't say anything bad about her, of course. I'd pick chelsie over her any day, but that's because I prefer

and i'm out lol.

p.s. - thank god comfort's gone!

F.U. said...

LBIC - I was so distraught. I am still feeling rather tender about losing Will.

I wanted to be so happy for Mark but I couldn't be because I was just thinking this is so wrong! Will should not be going home!

But I guess I can be happy that I get to see Mark's hotness for another week. And even more importantly, Comfort is gone.

I can no longer call it. Now that Will is gone, I'm just ready for the finale. I feel like anybody who is left can win and I'll be happy. Something tells me it isn't going to be Katee - but clearly I've been wrong with my predictions. I think Joshua may win this - booty, perm, braces and all. However, if it is Katee I can't wait to hear how disgusted you are. :)

Oh Will.....

LBIC said...

ugh, i'm still pissed about will. at least he's talented enough to not need the competition to really make it.

as for the thought i didn't finish. it was that i prefer a ballroom dancer and that's probably why i prefer Chelsie over katee.