Thursday, April 16, 2009

Obsessed.....With Idris Elba



I can stare at this man all day. Idris. Elba. I. Love. Me. Some. Him. I'm literally droolin....Mkay, lemme wipe my mouth and breathe.

Anyway, I got really excited cuz I thought that Rolling Out conducted a real interview with Idris about his new movie "Obsessed" AND maybe even asked him a lil bit about his VERY funny guest starring role on "The Office"....turns out they only had two questions and they were both about Beyonce. Da Fuck?! Really, like who does that? I mean not a one question about him.

Whatever, he is doin what he needs to do and he's my boo and I know he was just being nice cuz he wants people to see the movie and stuff....so I'll translate his interview.

Elba's take on the film receiving a PG-13 rating …

"The process of making a movie with Beyoncé was unique, just because she's such a huge superstar. So when I first looked at the script, I thought the film could have and probably should have received an "R" rating on subject matter alone. But Beyoncé has such a responsibility to her younger fans that I believe it was necessary for them not to try certain things because of that responsibility."


What he really meant to say was: First of all, how the fuck did Beyonce even get this role? Yeah, she's a superstar or whatever but when I first looked at the script I just knew that a real actress with real acting skills was going to get this part. I just knew that me and Nia Long or Sanaa Lathan or Taraji P. Henson would be fantastic together. This film could have been amazing. Could have been worth seeing and not just because people would actually pay their money to watch Beyonce suck ass. AND even tho the excuse was that we had to tone down the script because Beyonce has young fans, we all knew it was because she doesn't have the talent to do alot of what was called for AND because her husband didn't want her naked. The film's writer allowed his work to be edited just so we could have a big name attached. Happens all the time in this industry.

On Beyoncé's growth on set …

"I think this was a very important role for her, because it was the first time she wasn't playing a singer. But when we first started taping, it was difficult for us to really connect as artists because she has such a huge machine behind her. So in the early going it felt divided … almost like it was her and her team on one side, and everyone else on the other. But once the cameras started rolling, she really opened up and those walls began to fall. As a result, I really saw her grow as an artist, and I think you'll be able to see it as well when you watch the film."

What he really meant to say was: Another fuckin question about Beyonce? Really??? She's a singer not an actor! We couldn't really connect as artists because SHE'S A SINGER NOT AN ACTOR!!! It was also hard for her to dig deep because her father is there staring at her and mother wants to make sure she always house on something called DooDooOn or Home of DooDooOn...something like that. She was recording her album at the same time so one day I was like look, why don't you just pretend you are the Sasha Fierce bitch you turn into when you sing when we're doing these scenes and let's try to get this done. I have real work to do when this shit is over. But I have to say, she did better than I thought she would. So I guess that's good, right? Anyway, come see for yourself.

And ya'll know that is what he really meant to say. And for real tho, in the commercials for that movie, Beyonce does not make you want to see the movie. Other than Idris, the white obsessed bitch is the one who looks like she might be real believable. When Beyonce says, "You think you're crazy. I'll show you crazy." I just shake my head. We don't believe you. YOU NEED MORE PEOPLE! Do you know how many real actors could deliver that line and make YOU scurred for the obsessed bitch?!

Anyway, I guess we shall see....won't we?


To check out Idris' full photo shoot click: Sorry, you're not invited to our wedding.

1 comments:

iluv... said...

I agree with u F.U. The previews are good until it gets to B's role. She is not convincing at all. Her character is for a vet.