Saturday, April 11, 2009

She Get It From Her Mama!

Major congrats go out to my wife, my official girl, the most beautiful creation there is, Liya Kebede because her children's clothing line has been picked up by J. Crew!!!!! Liya created the line as a way to provide employment for traditional Ethiopian weavers and to preserve her Ethiopian culture. She told USA Today:

“They [Ethiopian weavers] had this incredible talent, but didn’t really have a market,” she said. “I wanted to introduce them to the Western market…to see if we can help that industry. I wanted to at least do my part for the country.”

And of course, her beautiful daughter Raee (3 years old) is a model for the line. She is also the inspiration....LemLem is Raee's nickname and it means to "flourish" or "bloom" in Amharic. LOVE IT.







How cute is this little girl! And the clothes are adorable too! To check out the line click: LEMLEM!!!

Source

1 comments:

Oluchi said...

oooh i love me some liya k.