Tuesday, May 5, 2009

New Muziq: Keyshia Cole feat. Monica

Keyshia Cole's new video for her song Trust has arrived and I love it. I have to say, other than the stupid phone call in the beginning to Monica, (Er'body got caller ID, Monica knows who the hell is calling. So when Keyshia says, "you know this is your girl KC" and Monica is like "oh, hey" like she ain't know who the hell it was...well, that gets on my nerves. They could have wrote a better opening but I digress....) this is one of the three songs that I actually like on Keyshia's new album. What I love best about this song tho, is Monica. You can tell she is holding back a bit so that she doesn't out sing Keyshia, but I love what she adds to the song. At one point, you forget that it is Keyshia's song cuz it is so obvious that Monica is the better singer. However, I love that the two of them together. Two hood chics sangin bout trust and love and lookin fab while doin so. Love it.

1 comments:

The F_Uitlist said...

This is my first time hearing this and I love it.

So glad good music is making its way back. And the new Chrisette Michele is pretty awesome.