Thursday, October 29, 2009

The First Lady Does Glamour


And I loves it!!! She's so splendiforously fantabulous, isn't she? Lookin at this cover somehow got me excited about the holidays...or at least she makes me ready to eat all day on Thanksgiving. Anyhoo, Michelle is lookin gorgeous as per usual on the cover of Glamour magazine's Women Of The Year December issue!!! Glamour is also honoring her with a Special Recognition award for her commitment to mentoring young women.

I actually saw a lil piece about Michelle and this cover on Good Morning America this morning and this one lady was saying that if she was her advisor she doesn't think she would have advised her to do the Glamour cover because it might appear to trivialize her. I'm not sure how that is possible. The only people it would "appear" that way to are people who hate and don't see that her goal is to show the world that she might be first lady, but in her words "there's no magic to being here" and that she's a wife, mother, professional, and dedicated hard worker. She wants us to know she's just like every other woman doin the damn thing. Her husband just happens to run the free world. No biggie.

Anyhoo, Glamour offered a lil bit of what Michelle discusses in the article and my fave quote is regarding her thoughts on men:

With men, don’t be swayed by “cute”: “Cute’s good. But cute only lasts for so long, and then it’s, Who are you as a person? Don’t look at the bankbook or the title. Look at the heart. Look at the soul…When you’re dating a man, you should always feel good…You shouldn’t be in a relationship with somebody who doesn’t make you completely happy and make you feel whole.”

She ain't neva lied. So help me ya'll. Help me look past the fug. Puh-leeeease?

Source

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle Obama is perfect for Glamour. You are right she is splendiforously fantabulous (u know I had to copy and paste to get that right lol)

I never buy Glamour but I will pick this one up.

**BGT