Saturday, August 18, 2007

Is Something New Really The Way To Go?

For all my "Sistahs" who have spent years in and out of relationships with ne-groy-dians and dealing with endless bullshit which varies in all forms...everything from cheating, baby mama drama, trying to work with his potential, trying to upgrade him, to immaturity, to insecurity, to trying to have enough ambition for the both of you, to having to be the mother, the girlfriend, the freak, the chef....and blah blah blah....I can be here all day talking about why ne-groy-dians ain't shit. Not all, but most. And it just is what it is. With that said, is it really time to explore other race relations?

Me and my girls have this conversation quite a lot and for a few of us, it really may be time to see what's really poppin with the vanilla yogurt. My biggest issue is that men in general can't handle me....so I have no idea how a white dude would manage. Not to mention whiteys don't have lips. Like, they have lines as opposed to having lips. I find that to be so unattractive. However, some of them have lips, some of them are hot too. More than a few of them have gotten a "heeeey booooo" from me....but it ends there.

I came across an article a couple of weeks ago entitled "'Could Mr. Right be white?' More black women consider 'dating out'" and I kind of just ignored it. I mean the articled dared to say: "They're taking cues from their favorite stars -- from actress Shar Jackson to tennis pro Venus Williams --" Ummmmm, nobody is taking ANY cues from President and Provost of DBU Shar damn Jackson who chose a white loser to father two of her kids not to mention she isn't anybody's "favorite star" and Venus....yeah, no cues. Just no. But the article made other points such as: "Nearly three quarters of the 403,000 black-white couples in 2006 involved black husbands." Which is nothing new....but I won't even go there...at least not today.

So anyway, Noah Tepperberg, this party promoter Hollywood guy, who is a short bald headed Jewish guy had a birthday party and among the Diddy's and Timbalands and others there to celebrate, his girlfriend was there too...and who is his girlfriend? Beautiful model Denise Vasi is his girl....and Russell Simmons dated her and word has it she left Russell for Noah....now Russell has more money than Noah and is clearly more famous than Noah....in terms of looks, they are both short and bald, Russell has a lips, but he does yoga and Noah is a chubster....so I can't call it. I would think that means, someone has a better personality or something. The point is that, Denise got herself something new. And they look happy....




In the celebrity world it is very different. Halle Berry is Halle Berry and can have whoever she wants so she of course gets the hotness that is Gabriel. In real life, white bitches don't even get Gabriels. And in celebrity life, fugly or not, there is always a benefit from dealing with someone. The shorties stand on their money stacks and the fuglies can make you a star. But Halle, who has spent her fair share of time on knee pads, is at the point where she can be with anyone. She has her own money and is already a star. At this point, she says she is happier than she has ever been in her life....I won't get started on how Halle is a liar and Eric Benet didn't do none of that shit she claimed he did. Point is, she's happy with her something new.



So the question remains....is it time for us to move on and open ourselves to "other" possibilities? Is it time to see whether or not a pink dick is really any different (or as small as I hear they are) from a brown one? Is it time to see if white people really don't wash their asses on a regular basis (as I hear is the case)? Is it time to stop watching "our" men leave us behind for the white "Barbie" that makes him feel like he "won" something? Is it time to stop settling for the bullshit? My alarm is going off. How bout yours?

2 comments:

Elle said...

Sigh. So much to say. I think you summed it up. As much as I say I would like to find my Something New, I also have absolutely no desire to do so. It's like I feel fed up with a lot of black men, but at the same time I don't see how I can date anyone else. It's a conundrum. Welcome to black womanhood.

petitefute said...

Hey!

I just read your blog and I so love it.

On the something new account: I say yes and this is not because I've only had two serious relationships and they have both been with white men, tbh one was a boy.

It is mainly because I've never been thought to stick to one race. I've always been thought love all people and that: 'if you have two men and one is a dickhead and black and the other is nice but white, don't choose the damn dickhead.'

'Don't limit yourself variety is the spice of life and I did not struggle my arse off, get you an education, spend 16 years worry night and day about you to see you waste yourself on some unredeemable, every pussy is a goal bastard and, for your life to be bland.'

I'm not saying its all free flowing with white men, damn I've gotten cheated on before. But you know what. So what! Because he's white doesn't mean he will be faithful! Though I don't think any black man would have burst out crying and asking for forgiveness as I dumped him.

Anyway all I'm saying is skin color doesn't determine whether a guys is a bastard or not, but whether or not he is a bastard determines whether or not I let him fuck me.

Now, I'm gonna go find me an Asian man. lol.