Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Oh Neffe!


I don't know about you, but I am so pumped for the second season of Keyshia Cole's show on BET. BET got it right with both Keyshia and DMX's shows (for once) because seriously, I cannot tell that those shows aren't straight up reality. Like for real, they could not have told Neffe to act a fool in the crab shack. That was straight up all on her. When you watch those other shows the acting is horrible (and yes they aren't supposed to be acting) and the scripted nature of the scenes and set-ups annoy me.

In any case, in the second season of "The Way It Is" we pick up where we left off with Keyshia's mother in jail and her about to start work on her new album. But what we all really want to know is what happened to Neffe or Neffeteria (yes her mama named her Neffeteria) and why she was buggin. Neffe would straight up drink like whole bottles of Patron by herself and just be wylin the fluff out! Well, Neffe sat down with Jamie from Sister 2 Sister and told her story. Here is a clip that shouldn't be nearly as funny as it is:

Jamie: How did you meet your husband?

Neffe: At work. I was homeless with Brianna. I had just had her and I was living with my best friend, and I met this guy. And he called himself wanting to be with me, so I ended up moving in the house with him. Okay, after so many months I was giving his mom money, giving her food stamps, you know, to make sure that me and my kid were straight. And then I got this job at Media Copy and we were on this assembly line packing VHS tapes, sending them to different companies for wholesale. He was working on the same assembly line with me. So one day I came in to work and I didn't have the right shoes on; I had on flip-flops and they were getting ready to send me home. He said, "No, don't send her home." And we had been talking prior to that. "Take my keys and you go get your shoes and you come back. You can drive my car." And that was that. And then the [other] guy, his mom put me out because I didn't have no money to give her for bingo that night. And she put me out with my daughter. And he [my soon-to-be husband] put my clothes and my daughter's clothes in his trunk and took me to Sacramento. And we ended up being together and we got married.


It sounds like in season 2 we'll see Keyshia's mother out of jail and Neffe only drinking wine. For the whole interview, click Oh Neffe!

0 comments: