Thursday, December 20, 2007

Beautiful Black Women Doin Da Damn Thing In HollyWood!!!


Entertainment Weekly is reporting that Queen Latifah, Jennifer Hudson, and Sophie Okonedo (ya'll know Sophie...she KILLED it in Hotel Rwanda) will star in the movie adaptation of the kid's best-selling 2002 novel The Secret Life of Bees. Alicia Keys is currently in talks to play one of the three sisters, with Queen La and Sophie playing the other two. Even more spectacular is Gina Prince-Bythewood (Love & Basketball) is directing from her own script. LOVE IT!!!!! Of course that lil pale white girl Dakota Fanning is in talks to be the star....Why come KeKe Palmer can't be the girl and keep it straight up black and fabulous? I guess I should be happy that er'ebody else is of color. Anyway, shooting is scheduled to start in January 2008 with a possible 2008 release. I most certainly will be in a seat when this comes out!

And speaking of Gina Prince-Bythewood, word has it she has also been tapped to adapt a screenplay and direct "This Much I Know Is True"....that great book that was written by Wally Lamb (I read it cuz Oprah told me too and it was soooooo good) about the house painter who has a schizophrenic twin brother. Big things Gina! I love it!!!



0 comments: