Thursday, December 27, 2007

Mary....Just Mary!


The Queen....who we've all been down with since You Remind Me. Just think of where you were when you were boppin, poppin, and lockin to You Remind Me....I believe I was wearing some 54.11s, some tight ass Levi's, my bubble name chain and name ring, with my side ponytail singing about nobody but he damn sure reminded me of somebody. Cuz Mary made me believe that I knew somebody who reminded me. And you know when I saw the video for Real Love I went and bought me about three baseball jerseys some black spandex leggins and again rocked my 54.11s like I was in the video. And don't think I don't still know all the choreography. What's the 411 was like the best shit ever.

But then....oh but then Mary hit us with My Life. This album changed a black bitch forever. Now I think back on it, how could I have really known what she was talking about....at that time, I ain't been through shit, I didn't have a clue about the struggle. Yet, I sang with Mary as if I knew. She makes you feel her pain and at the end of the day we just all want to Be Happy...that much I knew for sure. I most certainly continued our love affair....I Shared Her World and it was SO all about Mary.

We know Mary's been through it. She's been strung out, beat up, tore up, used and abused. But our girl has made it. And no, its not because she has finally "crossed over" as some are saying. Mary ain't never give a shit about whether white people bought her music. She made music because it was what got her through. Yes, dammit, YES, I could have done without the Hateration in this dancerie (I wasn't ready for No More Drama and she lost me on Love & Life)....and I was one of the many who thought, briefly, ummmm, I think me no likey happy Mary. BUT happy Mary made her Breakthrough and she's just fine. And I love her.

CONGRATS Mary for selling 629,000 units of Growing Pains in your first week! Thanks to all those jackasses who want to listen to Josh muthafuckin Groban sing bullshit Christmas music (Thanks alot Oprah) his shit is #1 for the 5th damn week in a row. But it don't matter. I am so happy for Mary and I hope she continues singing the soundtracks to my life for a long time.
And if you don't have Growing Pains....you MUST get it. I LOVE IT.

0 comments: