Thursday, February 14, 2008

Ewww, Don't Get Bitchy...

So last night was the final episode of Project Runway before the top designers debut their collections at Fashion Week. While the episode was drama free, all the designers provided us with their usual fun and fabulosity....

I laughed when Sweet P said, "I probably could have touched a painting, but I didn't." And you know I loved my Poodles' one liners throughout...."Every 5 seconds I was ready to cut [a bitch]"...he didn't really say "a bitch", but I knew that is what he wanted to say. I loved it when Chris laughed all loud in the museum and when he could feel his own voice echoing, he was like oh, oops. I also love that when Chris sleeps, he puts his hand on top of his big belly. I also loved that Jillian tried to tell Christian that she was over it too....it would help if she talked faster and put more energy behind her words. Point is, I actually love all of them.

The final challenge was to create a design based on what art piece from the Metropolitan Museum of Art insipred them.

Can you believe that Chris was gone? He has come back and done the damn thing. I love his playful and dramatic nature and it shows effortlessly in his designs. While I was mad he did something so similar to the other dress he and Christian did, I still loved it. The whole look is fierce.


Rami's dress is a Rami dress. I LOVE it. He's so great at what he does and the way he can drape a dress is just spectacular....but as the judges have said, dammit Rami, what else can you do? I mean can you even make pants? Maybe something A-line?

Jillian has proved herself to be a force to be reckoned with. She takes her time with everything and ever since she made that Twizzler dress, she has shown that the turtle wins the race or beats the rabbit...what's the fable....yeah, well, Jillian is always worth the wait. Loved this.


Christian!! The winner, of course. My poodle thinks highly of himself and has a right to. He always thinks outside the box and if he would wear it, then you know its fierce. You can absolutely see how he translated his spanish art piece inspiration and made it work for the runway. I cannot wait to see what he did for Fashion Week.

Oh Sweet P. She gives it her all every time. It is just obvious she isn't high fashion. I didn't particularly like this dress and neither did the judges. I can't even imagine what her collection would look like if she made it to Fashion Week. It was fun P, but now you gotta go.

Chris and Rami were both given another chance to prove themselves because the judges were deadlocked. They have to come back and show their three top pieces from their collections to see which one will be showing at Fashion Week. I have a feeling it will be Rami but I'm rooting for the underdog as per usual.....Go Chris!

2 comments:

Elle said...

Yup, good synopsis pickle. Ready for the final runway!

David Dust said...

Hey girl -

Believe it or not, Sweet P DID design a collection that was shown at Bryant Park - the pictures have been online for a couple of days. It wasn't horrible - like the Peacockery she marched down the runway last night!

Click here for DavidDust's Project Runway recap.