Monday, March 10, 2008

HBO Orders Some of Jill!


A long time ago, I told you guys that Jill Scott was cast as Mma Precious Ramotswe the lead role in the film adaption of Ladies No.1 Detective Agency, one of my faves. EW.com is reporting that a two hour pilot has just finished shooting in Botswana and HBO has ordered that pilot episode and 13 more! I am soooo excited!! I love a good mystery and African folklore and this book series provides just that as well as insight into life -- the roles of men and women --in Botswana and how this woman, Mma Ramotswe becomes the best detective in Botswana. Jill is the PERFECT person to play the smart and witty Mma Ramotswe along with Anika Noni Rose as her secretary. And did I mention that my boo Idris Elba will also have a role? If that isn't enough incentive to watch, I don't know what is.



So again for those of you are still like what the hell is Ladies No.1 Detective Agency, either wait for the series to premier on HBO or get a quick synopsis here: You should be reading these books!

2 comments:

Elle said...

Yup, I'm going to need you to host viewing parties since a B canceled her HBO when it got up to crack prices!

TravelDiva said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!! I love the No. Ladies Detective Agency!