Monday, March 10, 2008

Got Any Lip Glass You Can Spare?

So it seems that actor Wesley Jonathan's girlfriend's car was vandalized and two suitcases of hair and make-up were stolen. He decided to take this serious loss to Myspace and ask his fans for help. This is his post:

I wouldn’t normally do this or even ask anyone for help on something like this, but right now I’m at a lost.

As some may of you may know, my girlfriend does makeup and hair as a side craft to her acting. Its a hobby and great passion of hers and she’s just as great at doing it. And as some may know (which as a man I don’t but just found out and realized) Makeup is expensive and takes years to collect.

Last night, Denyce’s car was broken into (vandalized) and 10 years of collecting, working and $15,000 worth of hair and makeup products (2 HUGE suitcases full) were stolen out of her car right out of her garage.

This isnt even about money. I can easily give her the money to go buy everything back or even go get it myself. But being a man and clueless to what shit is, I dont know where to start. From colors, to quality, to brands, to tools… all that shit is female shit. even hearing her cry and say she doesnt even know where to start, i feel helpless.

But I know that all that stuff meant the world to her and I want to help her. It will take forever for her to recoup all that was taken but a little bit here and there will help.

I came up with an idea that maybe some of you guys who are sympathetic, understanding and generous might be able to help me with! In return Im willing to sign any autographs, leave voice comments lol, send a personalized gift, call anyone to wish a happy birthday or appearance or something equal to your help.

I was thinking for any one (male or female) who either is or knows makeup people. For anyone who even may have something in their own stash, If youre willing to donate products to help me give back to her what she lost. I cant replace the meaniing behind the years of her collecting and I cant replace the sentiments but I want to try and do something for someone who does makeup to make others feel good about themselves and feel beautiful.


If you have a blush thing, a lipstick or gloss or a powder whatever you have extra, dont need or want, Im asking if you wouldnt mind throwing it in the mail. I would be very greatful and I know it would mean the world to her. If you know folks who own makeup companies or something that wouldnt mind sending her a starter package if there is a such thing. I dont know how this shit works. All I know is, she has NOTHING! Not a brush, a mascara or anything anymore.

Im not expecting a miracle, but I thought I could see how powerful this myspace world really is and reach out to a few folks who knows what this violation is like.

Any and everything would be a start and appreciated.

You can send your donation to:
Denyce Lawton or Wesley Jonathan
PO Box 823N.
Hollywood, CA 91603


Thanks for taking the time to even read or consider.
WJ


OK first off, I know there were nothing but crickets when you were trying to figure out who the hell Wesley Jonathan is (all I remember is he was on that Saturday morning show City Guys) and who the fuck asks 'fans' to replace make-up?! And if she really is a professional hair/make-up artist, don't you replace your shit on a regular basis? I mean even I know that mascara and stuff is supposed to be replaced every six months or so. OK, so I didn't know that until I read Elle's Style Tip of the Moment but still, the point is that I understand that it sucks having your belongings stolen and being personally violated but asking people to "donate" a blush thing or some gloss is a bit ridiculous. And since you are "famous" shouldn't you know make-up people that could provide starter packs or even better as he stated, just go buy her some damn make-up and keep it moving.

I don't know....maybe I just don't understand how hard make-up is to come by. As long as I have Vaseline, I'm good.

Source

1 comments:

Elle said...

This sh*it right heeerrrre! Is a hot ghetto mess. First of all, you took the words right out of my mouth about her products. Ten years is too long to be keeping makeup! Now brushes, okay that's more understandable. But bacteria-laden bronzer is not the move. And secondly, who da hell wants random lip gloss and blush from random fans that may or may not be used?!? Seriously, I don't get it. I'm sure she's sad and all but really, Wesley, money does fix certain situations, and this is one of them. I would use it as an opportunity to buy all new shit! But that's just me...

PS. They look alike! It's so funny that we're attracted to people that look like us.