Friday, March 14, 2008

Who Wants To Meet The Browns?

Last night was the premiere of the Tyler Perry film Meet The Browns. I have to say, I'm not really that pumped to see this....even with Angela and my favorite crazy lady Jennifer Lewis. The trailer doesn't really do much for me and while I think Rick Fox has been great in his minor roles (do we memba the him, the pool, and the strap-on on "Dirt"? Classic.) I don't think I like Rick Fox as the lead in this movie and I really wish Tyler would stop casting people based on who he wants to doonk in the booty. Altho I do appreciate his taste.....based on chocolate persuasion, his casting is so always on point. But I sometimes prefer talent. All that to say I do appreciate that there is somebody who can green light his own shit and keep black people on the big screen. Here are a few pics from the red carpet.

I love Angela B.'s dress and she just gets more gorgeous as she gets older.
Her husband Courtney clearly wasn't ready for his close up.

Tyler Perry looking like Tyler Perry.


Rick Fox. Hot as per usual.

Vanessa and Sasha come out to support Rick. I love it.

I love me some Tasha Smith.

I want to like her hair too but something seems off...can't put my finger on it tho.

Jennifer Lewis alone is prolly worth the ticket.
I do giggle when I watch the part in the trailer when she is trying to sing Amazing Grace.

UM, EVA IS FUCKIN GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

Lance and Eva make a yummy couple.

The always pretty Kenya.

Is Lamann not beyond scrumptious?!

3 comments:

Elle said...

love these pics! tasha's tendrils are not working for me either. lance and eva are delicious. and lamannnnnnnn...just wanna sop him up w/ a whole tube of hungry jack biscuits!

nicole said...

I SWEAR I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO SAW THAT STRAP ON SCENE IN DIRT!!!!!! YESSSSSSS I'M NOT ALONE!! LOL

and yea, Eva is BAD...givin' props where they are due.

great blog!

www.allienicole.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

tasha, i love her to death. when i went to see "why did i get married", i swear to god, angela was actually my best friend on that screen! girlfriend made the movie for me (and the wine bottle across the dome, lmao!)

but that comment bout tyler wanting to donk the men he casts in his shyt, my man says the same thing! i thought it was him hatin, but damn, there may be some truth to it after all! lmao!