Monday, April 21, 2008

Why I Love Robin Roberts


OK so you've heard me say it a billion times, Good Morning America is my mornin crack. I cannot function unless it is on and that is mostly because of Robin Roberts. GMA is the only morning show of its caliber with two women as the lead anchors and she is the only black woman lead anchor. And it is because she really is the person that you want talking to you first thing in the morning. She is always chipper and you can just sense that she just has a naturally beautiful spirit. When she isn't there, I most certainly miss her. And you know how proud of her I was when she walked in the Isaac Mizrahi show with her bald head...she's just amazing.

So this morning, I was all nervous because she and Diane kept alluding to some kind of change going on and this announcement they were going to make. I was brushing my teeth thinking NO, no announcements! Is Robin leaving?! Is it something else with her breast cancer? I don't want to hear it. But then Diane said it is a beautiful thing. Just stick with us. So at the start of the 8:00 hour Robin tells us that she is no longer going to wear her wig on television. As her hair is growing back, she has been out publicly and speaking at events with her natural bald head. She was wearing the wig for everyone else's benefit and she just didn't want to do that anymore. So while, India Arie's "I Am Not My Hair" played in the background, Robin took the wig off. And she's hot. I can only imagine how freeing that had to be for her. She said she was trying to hold on to the old Robin but having cancer and everything that has come with that, she is clearly no longer the old Robin.

Either way, Robin Roberts is beautiful.

3 comments:

PCD (Pretty Circle Drawer) said...

YAY! i love robin too! that's so cool of her...i don't get to enjoy GMA as much as i would like or used to cuz my morning shows are usually dora or some crap like that...but GMA definitely is the best morning show. pre-kid, i couldn't get my day started without it either...

PCD (Pretty Circle Drawer) said...

ok, i just read your profile and i'm still dying from the first word...stank

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Zoƫ said...

wow, i missed seeing that by a few minutes..i was already half way out the door...

kinda off topic, but not really, is robin openly gay? i was just wondering