Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ashanti Has Been Named Tourism Ambassador...


Of Nassau County, Long Island. I mean, I guess that is important, right? The only qualification for this position was to be born on Long Island so uh, check. I thought since the last thing I said about Ashanti is that she is beyond wackadocious and she doesn't ever measure up (still beyond true), I would help her out with telling people to head to Long Island. As a native New Yorker and all around Tri-State Bitch, I began to think of fun times I've had in L.I. Hmmmmmmm, well there are definitely the BBQ's that have gone down. Fun times indeed. And I've also attended concerts and had some fun at Jones Beach. So now I'm thinking, you know what, Ashanti should be reppin L.I. Of course she has been named one of the tourism ambassadors, she is from Glen Cove (which is in Nassau County and on the outskirts of L.I.) and if for whatever reason you felt like you couldn't find the tons of fun there is in NYC and even in Jerz, then take take your ass to Long Island!

I did some research and here is what's coming up:

Summer Concert Series at Eisenhower Park
8/1: Chiclettes and Alive 'n Kickin'
8/2: Salute to Veterans w/ Charisma Boys, Randy & the Rainbows, Risky Business
8/3: Chinese American Night
8/4: Irish American Night
8/8: Reach for the Stars Teen Talent Search Finals
8/9: Ditty Doodle Imagination Celebration (6:30 pm)
8/10: Pakistani American Night
8/11: Israeli American Night
8/15: Long Island Philharmonic
8/16: Best of Broadway
8/17: Armenian American Night
8/18: Ukrainian American Night
8/22: "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown" - Cultural Arts Playhouse 8/24: Indian American Night
8/25: Scandinavian American Night
8/27: Harry Chapin Tribute
8/30: Long Island Rocks for Freedom

Eisenhower Park
Hempstead Turnpike
Field 6-6A
East Meadow, NY 11554

For more info go here: Fun On Long Island

I don't know bout you, but I'm definitely makin my way over to the Ditty Doodle Imagination Celebration. I mean, its called Ditty Doodle! Hell to da the yeeeahhh! Ditty Doodle Imagination Celebration....Wut! Whooooooooo!!! Fun times!!!

Thanks, Ashanti. You just always have something goin on, don't you? Trying er'thing you can to stay relevant. I hope to see you at Ditty Doodle. Or maybe Scandinavian Night?

Source

0 comments: