Wednesday, July 23, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance? The Top 8 Make It Do Wut It Do

Ok so we're down to the final 8. The best of the best (wait, I'm not sure Comfort fits into that whole best of the best thing but just roll with it) and it is getting beyond exciting! Here is the thing tho, since we are down to the best dancers the show doesn't need to be two hours. All we need is the dancing. The practice clips were way too long and a bit annoying. The clip before the solos were great but the couples practicing....couldn't we at least take a half hour off the show? Other than that, I simply love So You Think You Can Dance and here is how it all went down.....




Will and Courtney

First Dance: It must be a gift and a curse to get Will as your partner. A gift because anything Will does is amazing and it makes you, as his partner look better...a curse cuz does anybody even see you when you are dancing next to Will? They got the Samba for their first dance. I was really focused on Will watching him shake but then I started watching Courtney and she was workin it...and her big bird yellow costume was zexy. I think this was an excellent way to start the show. They were both hot and I thought they meshed well. Me likey.

Second Dance: (I want Will to burn that orange hat...the shit doesn't even fit. Of course when you pop the hat falls off....it was never really on.) OK. So song choice....perfect. They dance to Alicia Key's 'Like I'll Never See You Again' and it is a slow hip-hop dance. It was great. Just great! The steps were so intricate but it was really about them telling the story of holding on to the one you love. Through hip-hop they did that. I don't think it showcased any beyond fabulous skills BUT the performance was beautiforous.



Twitch and Katee

First Dance: I knew they were gonna get each other. And how cool is it that they knew each other before the show. And even better, they get a Mia Michaels. LOVES IT!!! Ummmm, that kiss....Twitch is now my new boyfriend. Mkay. But the theatrics of this piece was fantastic. The boyfriend/girlfriend with the Twitch not caring and Katee tryna beat him down but the chemistry is off the chain....love it. They KILLED IT. The moves were amazing, the choreography was amazing and their use of the door was out of control. Who knew a door could be so entertaining????!!! And here is the bottom line, KATEE IS DOPE!!!!!!!!!!! I fuckin love her. She is fierce!!!

And did ya'll hear Nigel tell Mary that he wasn't talkin bout her when he said that he was in the same situation as Twitch....those two need to just fuck already. BUT wait, that's a lot of teeth. Neva mind.

Second Dance: Broadway!! Very cute! Tyce just has a way of creating numbers that are just so fun and entertaining. I wasn't overwhelmed with this piece but I truly enjoyed it and I think Katee makes Twitch a better dancer. However, Twitch brings something that none of the other dancers bring. His energy is palpable. Thumbs up!


Mark and Comfort

First Dance: I didn't want anybody to be Comfort's partner. Mark is already hangin on by a thread and gettin Comfort is not gonna help! At least they got Hip-Hop to start with. And you know what.....I really liked it. Those two were giving it their all. I felt it. Mark was beyond cute with his hood look. He makes me giddy, seriously. His boyfriend is soooo lucky. Anyway, he didn't really hit it like Comfort did but he did the damn thing. For Comfort, this was even better than her Hip-Hop piece with Twitch last week and I thought that was the best she had ever done. So I'm happy with my boo and Comfort. Yay!

Second Dance: We knew this ish wasn't gonna be good and it wasn't. The Fox Trot or the waltz or anything that isn't hip-hop isn't doable for Comfort. Mark, in my opinion - and not just cuz I love him - tried to hold it together for the both of them. Again, Comfort learns the steps and she does the routine but she's just not believable. If Comfort isn't officially off this show tomorrow, I'm done. And Mark, my love, I think this is the end of the road for you too. *slow tear just hit my top lip* Not really, but if I could cry, I would shed a tear for you my love.



Joshua & Chelsie

First Dance: Joshua's booty is still the star of the show...even more so than his perm. These two did an Argentinian Tango. I think technically (you know cuz I'm an Argentinian Tango expert and all) they worked it. The leg movement, toe points, and arm extension looked perfect to me. I like them together and it worked. Wasn't my favorite or anything but I like the routine. Definitely liked it.

Second Dance: I think you all know that I don't like Disco. At all. Just. No. Joshua and Chelsie made Disco a lil fun for me! I enjoyed them...alot. Had me headin out for the night singing and askin people if they would grab my arm and and my ankle and swing me.....got lots of *crickets* one dude gave me serious *Audrina Eyes*.....well OK then. Anyway, the choreography clearly had a lot to do with it but I think Joshua and Chelsie brought a whloe notha zsugsh to Disco for me. Excellent.


Solos!

Comfort: More of the same. I'm over it. At least she wore something slightly different than her usual sports bra, jacket, and jeans. This time there was a tank top. (P.S. maybe you should have spent more time paying attention in ballet class instead of krumpin on the ballet bars and gettin in trouble...I'm not sayin, but I'm sayin.)

Will: Love the James Brown wig and dance. Wished I could see more. Great way to show some personality.

Katee: Not the bestest ever but definitely a good one.

Mark: It's prolly cuz I'm in love with him but I like his weirdo moves.

Chelsie: Happy B-day! Great song choice. Cute solo.

Joshua: He did a split wit all that booty....

Courtney: I enjoy watching her dance by herself more so than with other people.

Twitch: Yup, Twitch is definitely my new crush.


F.U.'s SYTYCD summary.....I thought all the routines were fantastic with the exception of that Fox Trot. Again, if Comfort doesn't go home, I don't know if I'll make it. She is going to make a great hip-hop video choreographer one day but um, she can't hang with er'body else and really, it's almost not fair anymore. But what girl will be in the bottom with her? That is a hard one. I'm going to have to say it will be Courtney. Only cuz it couldn't or shouldn't dare be Katee and it was Chelsie's birthday and she's cute and er'body loves her. I don't know. What if it is Katee tho? Not everybody likes Broadway...but no. That can't happen. I'm gonna just say I don't know. All I know is Comfort is goin home. As for the guys, it has to be Mark goin home and I think it could very well be Twitch or Joshua in the bottom with him. This is getting to be too much!

2 comments:

LBIC said...

I agree, for the most part. Will and Courtney's first dance was the best Samba all season. Really amazing. As for their second routine, I didn't really like it. It wasn't bad, but compared to Nap and Tab's previous routines, it wasn't the best. I didn't feel the emotion, honestly, and my ass cries at everything. I think it has a lot to do with Will's lack of personality, even though he tried to bring it out during his solo. And I agree about Courtney. Her solo's are always so great.

Twitch gets on my nerves, but I really liked the first routine he did with Katee. It was my favorite of the night. But I'd rather he go instead of Mark. I know that's not going to happen, but ugh, I don't want Mark to go. As for Katee, I'm so tired of the judges eating out of her ass. She's a good dancer but she kind of sucked in a couple of routines (hello, samba) but they'd never say anything negative about her. Their second dance was ok, but I didn't really feel it.

Mark and Comfort's hip-hop routine was amazing. It's actually in tie for first with Katee and twitch's contemporary routine. but that fox trot. jesus, Mark's been getting the shit end of the stick since the top ten. first he gets stripper kherington and the fucking two-step and now he gets comfort and the fox trot. ugh. my poor mark.

Chelsie and Josh. Ok, first, now I know why I don't like Josh, aside from him having bigger breasts than I do. It's the perm. Girl, I can't respect a man, even a gay man, with a perm. The only (obvious) exceptions are Miss J and Ice-T. But their Argentine Tango was amazing. The disco..not so much. I like Chelsie, and I think she deserves a lot of the credit the judges give her, but Josh is another one they eat up everything he serves him. He wasn't that great in the disco and not a fucking word. ugh.

ok, i'm done. i think i went on longer than you did lmao

F.U. said...

Dang, LBIC tell us how you feel boo! You know I love it!!

And I've come to terms with the fact that you and I agree on one thing....we both love SYTYCD.

And I'm just gonna say that the judges eat out of Katee's ass cuz her shit smells like roses. Bitch is off the chain.

And I think Joshua got on your nerves before the perm - he was rockin the braids before and you still couldn't just love him, if for no other reason, for his luscios ass. However, I will say that Miss J. is the only Queen who I would let borrow my Creame of Nature.

Same time next week? Lookin fwd to it.