Friday, July 18, 2008

Rising Star: Jazmine Sullivan


You know watchin a video online and watchin a video on TV is a completely different experience. I just finished watching Jazmine Sullivan's video for "Need U Bad" and I was enthralled. I love this song! Then I'm thinking wait a minute, didn't I hear this song before and why am I just now loving it? I remembered that I think I may have zughshed this video on a blog somewhere but didn't really take it in. Plus I have yet to hear the song on the radio. In any case, I did some research and Jazmine Sullivan is definitely a Rising Star and clearly, I'm very late with my realization.

The cute and incredibly talented singer/songer writer sang with Stevie Wonder when she was 13. She is now 20 and is bringing us something new. She doesn't sound like anybody else out right now and she isn't depending on her looks -- her talent speaks for itself. This Need U Bad song makes me want to eat a mango in Jamaica while wipin down Idris Elba. Yeah, I need u bad Idris. Definitely a summer anthem.

I'm sure you already know about Jazmine and already love this song - but for those that don't take a listen and tell me you don't love it!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JS has an amazing voice, but to me, all I hear is Lauryn Hill.

This song definitely makes you wish you were relaxing somewhere in Jamaica. Go ahead with IE! I can just imagine myself swinging in a hammock with Hill Harper! LOL

The F_Uitlist said...

This is the first time I have ever heard this song and I love it. I hate to admit it but Missy has an eye for what is hot(I can't do her ABC rap/sing). Just like Tweet.

Now who would I be cuddled up with in my bungalow with while listening to this...My Boo KG with his NBA champion ring on a chain around my neck LOL