Wednesday, July 2, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance? Double Time

Good lord, So You Think You Can Dance is already doing two numbers per couple. I don't have time for this! But I made the time and actually wrote my comments during the show after each performance - I'm so proud of myself - and here is how it all went down.


First Dance: Will and Jessica get The Jive. I mean it was aiight. Will of course was the only reason the dance was any good. The whole time I'm thinking is Jessica even dancing?! What is her purpose. And Nigel referenced it and said something like bitch you better step your game up because once you have to start dancing with these other dudes and you don't have Will holdin you down you best get your solo ready.

Second Dance: Will and Jessica do a lyrical jazz number. Kinda zexy...Will's body is ree-dunkulus. Willl is just off the chain, I mean how many times can I say the same thing. He is what you call a dancer. The man is seriously like poetry in motion. What I really want to know is how Jessica made it on the show. I swear that I saw better females in the audition process. She was good, yes she was good, but when Will is great, fantastic, amazing, out of control and she is just good....lagain, what is her purpose. Like I'm over her. I've been wondering what things would have been like if Chelsea and Will were partners.....I think they would have made magic. Sigh...oh Chelsea.


First Dance: Comfort and Thayne are now new partners. All I'mma say is that yes they are a waaaay better partners than Comfort and Christina were but something still isn't right. Maybe its Comfort altho I can't understand why that would be when she always does what she is supposed to do. Maybe its Thayne. I do think he is lacking somewhere but I can't put my finger on it. Comfort looked pretty and I thought she really tried to look sexy and have the passion thing goin. Thayne looked "manly" in his dirty West Side Story wife beater but um....I just wasn't pumped and I really wanted to be.

Second Dance: Comfort and Thayne got a smooth waltz. I cringed when I heard that. Almost like I did when I heard Chelsea and Thayne got the damn quick step. Here is the thing, Comfort had lines, toe points, arm and leg extensions, the spin with Comfort on top like a bird was great, and they were both all dramatic BUT this wasn't enough to save them. The judges seemed to love it but we know the audience never votes for waltzeses (and I know that is not a word) and with their two dances, they better get the solos ready.


First Dance: Kourt and Matt get Hip Hop. Seriously, in the words of the mess that is Lil Mama, your diagonals were so off. I breathe much better when you two are not doin hip-hop. Not good at all. Kourtni was fuckin up the whole time. She missed steps, was off the beat, and was just not in sync with Matt all. Matt at least was on the beat and hit his marks. He just didn't do it all that well. This dance alone is absolutely worth them dancing for their lives.

Second Dance: Kourtni and Matt do a Mambo. I actually kinda loved it. Was it just me or was Kourtni lookin like Brooke Hogan? Anyway, that lift with all those legs Kourt has looked great. It wasn't hot like fire but I enjoyed watching them and it made me want to do a shimmy with a side of a coockaracha.


First Dance: Chelsie and Mark do a jazz number to this Kiss song and basically these two can do no wrong. They connect so well and I believe them every time. And have I mentioned that Mark is just cute as all hell. There really isn't too much to say about these too except that they are just a fabulous couple and they made it do wut it do as per usual.

Second Dance: Chelsie and Mark do a Fox Trot. Chelsie looked like a 12 year old playing dress up in her mommy's closet. With that said, it was obvious Chelsie was in her element. She was having a great time and you could see it. Mark was sexy in his suit and the slick hair and I think he supported Chelsie very well. I enjoy them so much. Fun times with the Trot.


First Dance: Kherrington and Twitch get The Pasa Doble. Um...Twitch's body is off the chain. His ab situation is so serious. OK so me likey a lot. The costumes really fit the dance and the hand claps and the throwing of the capes...and when Twitch stomped and put his "bitch get your ass over here" hand out I was like aw yeah, make it do wut it do Twitch! This was the first dance that Kherrington didn't smile the whole time and was really for real for real in character.

Second Dance: Kheri and Twitch were lucky enuff to get my fave Mia Michaels and danced to one of my favorite John Mayer songs!! WOW! And I'm re-zusghin the fact that Twitch's body is beyond sculpted. Just dayum! OK but more importantly, Mia Michaels makes no sense!!! Damn her!!!!!!!!! That was beautiful!! That was just like how I envision the song when I listen to it....well I've never dreamt with a broken heart cuz I have an ice box but if I did, that is just how it would go. John Mayer is a story teller thru song, Mia Michaels is a story teller thru dance and Twitch and Kherrigton told that damn story...LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!


First Dance: My two faves, Joshua and Katee, get my favorite choreographer. Joshua and Katee get a Mia Michaels contemporary piece and it was FRIGGIN AMAZING!!! These two shut it down every time!! The run across the stage - WOW!!! The fast hits and the passion and the emotion was sick. These two are ridiculous. And Mia Michaels...you may think you can't smile while dancing for mentally challenged people with no motor skills but you are a genius and I love you. And like Joshua said, with Mia Michaels it is so much more than dancing. Katee and Joshua - it gets no better.

Second Dance: West Coast Swing. I think I may hate it just as much as I hate disco. Despite that, these two are just fantastic and they do everything with the same fun and intensity and passion and its always just great. I loved it. Especially the hip bump at the end that Katee did that threw Joshua to the middle of the stage. Great!!! Oh and I was excited to see Benji and Lacey. yay!


First Dance: Gev and Courtney get Hip Hop. I felt bad they had to follow the hotness that was Josh and Katee. They were pretty good. Wasn't mad at all. They've been really tryna step their game up. I think it looked like when some white people learn how to do hip-hop and practice real hard but I thought Courtney was on point with hers and I felt like she was way better than he was. I think overall they were good, good song choice, and they worked it. I was entertained.

Second Dance:I was bored. I was not pumped nor was I entertained. They did a Broadway number and I felt like we did that in Highh School. For me that was the Gev and Courtney we know. Good enough to slip by.

Summary: I absolutely love this show and I can't wait for F.U. to kill a Mia Michaels routine. Until that day....I just want to know who dresses Mary and did she really have on a turtle neck in July?! And I'm over her laugh. I kinda want to stab her in her vocal cords. Why was Nigel so stank with the audience this week? Did he really tell the audience don't come if they are going to boo?! HA! I love the hip-hop couple as choreographers but not as judges.

This is who I think is definitely going to be dancing for their lives: Comfort and Thayne, Kourtni and Matt, and people may be just as tired as I am of Jessica and know that no matter what, Will will always dance for his life like nobody's business BUT since Kherrington and Twitch absolutely stepped it up with dance 2 AND since Gav and Courtney were just OK for both of their numbers and people might be tired of them just making it thru -- I'm goin with Gav and Courtney. Either way it doesn't matter, Comfort and Thayne are goin home.

Done.

1 comments:

Miss P said...

Ok F.U., due to your postings on the show and you going on and on about your favs, I had to watch it last night. I kinda liked it, but the boyfriend was bored, so I only got to see the first 3 performances. You keep turning me on to things, chick, that's why I love ya!