Thursday, August 21, 2008

Project Runway: Shocked and RuPauled!!

So I kept my promise and used my new favorite term, shocked and rupauled, just one last time yesterday.... but today is a new day and didn't you know I'm watching Project Runway and it is an episode where the designers are designing costumes for Drag Queens and who is the guest judge....Ru Paul!!! Lookin fierce and fabulous as per usual.



Anyway, I haven't been doin my Project Runway episode re-caps because, well, I just don't have time to do it all. And well, my poodle Christian is now off designing fierce maternity dresses and being fabulous so I don't feel so compelled to watch. HOWEVER, there are three black designers this season, the main reason I have been watching and after last night's episode, I was like it is time to speak on it.


Terri








Korto








Jerell








Terri and Korto are dope. Other than Korto's strapless inside out with the seams showing dress that I didn't like, they have both done great work each challenge. They both often end up in the top three of the best that week. I have to say tho, Terri is my favorite. I love her edge, her style and her personality. Korto would be my favorite but she is a bit too sensitive, a lil too cry baby, and a lil too worried about other people's opinions for me.


I want to like Jerell. He is quick with a stank one-liner but other than that, he is BORING me. And as a designer, he should be better than he is and last night, was a big disappointment. He made a corny ass venus fly-trap dress for his drag queen and when the judges told him that it was plain and boring he was like "did you not see that collar pop?" Um, Jerell boo boo, that collar was wackadocious and didn't help that the dress looked like it belonged in the 1923 Broadway rendition of "Anything Goes"...and I would know cuz I played Reno Sweeney in my high school version and my costumes looked oddly similar - and that is in no way a compliment.



Anyhoo, both Korto and Terri had my favorite darg dresses and altho they didn't win they were in the top three. I thought Korto's dragon fire dress was creative, over the top, and perfect for her Queen. Terri's Japanese inspired look was hot and fit for her 7 foot Queen.





I would be shocked if one of these two don't make it to Bryant Park. I don't feel like they have much competition this season. Make it work ladies!

4 comments:

Miss P said...

i actually watched a litlle of this show last night just so i could know who you were talkin about if you did a recap! i cant' WAIT for kimora to start again, i LOVE your recaps on her!

Anonymous said...

Hmm... I like this season of PR... I like Terri...

and Jarell... well, it's not that I don't like him... I just don't get him, besides him filling the role as the cliche gay designer...

I'm allergic to, too much queen drama, and with him, it's becoming as cliche as drag queens in glitter ( no pun intended)...

Yesterdays challenge was boring to me, since I'm not a drag queen and would never wear any of that...

Terri is my fav... Korto would be, but she reminds me of a chick that you have to check, because her attitude sucks all the time...

so on that note...Go Terri go!!!

Babybrown of mommabrown.com

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

Please please please do more recaps. I am living in Boston temporarily and am trying to prove to myself I can live here with out cable since I am still paying for back home in Houston. I don’t think I will survive my quest to better myself as a human and read and watch PBS much longer, but a PR recap from you e’rry now and again may help me. God bless you, I don’t go back home to visit and watch cable until October. *lol*
BTW I LOVE your spot and your style!
-OG

F.U. said...

Miss P - I can't wait until Kimora, Ming and especially my Aoki are back...I need my fabulosity fix.

Baby Brown - Go Terri!!

OG - Thanks for the love punkin! Just for you, I will be sure to re-cap the shows er' week...wait, let me not get to lyin. I will make er'effort to re-cap er'week just so that you don't have to do too much readin. You know that's not good for your brain right? :)

P.S. Have a fabulous time in DR!!!