Monday, November 10, 2008

Does Beyonce Hate Jennifer Hudson?

Mkay, so I wasn't sure I was gonna say anything bout this, but someone asked my opinion and then an Anonymous YISIAWer left me a comment mentioning the fact that people are really upset that Beyonce has yet to offer her condolences or contact Jennifer after the tragic loss of her family. So I decided to add my 12 cents.

If it is true that Beyonce has not reached out, then yes, that is really fucked up. However, such is life. People can be the most beautiful, the richest, the baddest, and the dopest ever and still have hate. Obviously if Beyonce didn't call Jennifer she has an issue with her, which possibly stems from the fact that J. Hud was the Dreamgirl and has an Oscar to prove it, and got roles in the fabulous SATC movie as well as the amazing Secret Lives of Bees....and her album actually is doing more than well. But really, all that stuff doesn't even matter because her family is gone. Her mother is gone. I'd take my mother over all the money, accolades, and success in the world. I'm sure Jennifer would too.

And really, Jennifer is healing at Oprah's house. Yes, she (and Punk) are staying with Oprah for as long as she needs to. Not to mention, she has tons of other people who love her and have been there for her through this. So if Beyonce is one of the people who didn't, who cares? Who is she to Jennifer? Obviously nobody. And it is through the rough times that you find out who your real friends are and who loves you....and just cuz you do a movie with somebody that don't make you one of those people.

And who knows if the rumors are even true. For all we know, Beyonce and Sasha Fierce done sent J. Hud some flowers, her heartfelt condolences, and a picture of her mechanical glove.

Update: This is a message from J. Hud's friend James.


"How evil can someone be?

So i wasnt going to write about this but it is really really bugging me. Especially when people are calling my phone saying how nice it was of Beyonce to come to the funeral and show her support. And i have to sit back and hold everything i wanna say inside. But i cant do it no more. Beyonce did not come to the funeral nor did she call, text, send a card or hell send a damn email. If there are millions of people who are leaving Jennifer and Julia and myself messages and sending there prayers and condelences and these people don’t even know them why couldnt she? Every singer that Jennifer admires and had been a role model for her growing up even until now has called, from Aretha to Shirley Murdock to even present day singers like Chrisette Michelle. And yall know how much Jennifer loves Beyonce and she couldn’t even have her assistant call or nothing. But yet her camp is allowing her to recieve credit for coming to the funeral and being there for Jennifer and her family. Bullshit! This just pisses me off. Once again thanks to everyone who has be there for us. And sorry if i offended any of Beyonce fans by writing this but if i just couldn’t keep sitting back and reading articles and emails and having my phone ring about how nice it was of Beyonce to come out!"


Source

6 comments:

OG, The Original Glamazon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
OG, The Original Glamazon said...

Considering how Beyonce has barely even spoke to the press about her wedding, I doubt she needed to publicize her sending condolences for J. Hud’s loss. Really most of the people who did that were people who really didn't KNOW J. Hud or felt bad because they had said some sideways things. Or people that were ASKED about it on the red carpet or whatever.

When I lost my father it was weeks before I spoke to anyone when they called. I reached out to the folks I wanted to reach out too and to be honest I can't tell you if I remembered or cared if condolences were sent. Why do we HAVE to make J Hud's tragedy about some Beyonce hate? Really, has Barack taught us nothing...lets take the high road and just honor J Hud and the memory of her family and leave Beyonce out of this. What does it EVEN matter? I KNOW it is the LAST thing on J Hud’s mind.

-OG

F.U. said...

OG, I absolutely agree. I know Jennifer is in her own world right now, focused on her healing and not worried about Beyonce or anybody who chooses or doesn't choose to reach out to her.

And like I said, just cuz you make a movie wit somebody, it doesn't make them your friend nor do they owe you anything. I personally would like to believe that in such a tragic time, people could look past petty things and reach out to those who may be in need or are hurting. But I think we all know that everybody is not like that and that is just the way it is.

But you're right in that this really isn't about Beyonce, however, I think people like to know that their celebs - whether they love to hate or hate to love - are perfect and do everything as they would. So if there is even the idea that a Beyonce would not feel the way they want them to feel then unfortch, even in tragedy, the drama goes on...

Unknown said...

I agree this is not about Beyonce and a hate rival between her and J.The focus needs to be on family being there for one another. As far as J cousin making statements about Beyonce not showing, my question for him or her is why did it matter to you at such a heart felt time whether some body such as Beyonce came? I ask this question also if your cousin hadn't became famous would you be sitting here airing out who paid there respects? probably not.Just view it like this yall have lost family members to the brutal mentality of the devil and whether or not a celeb reached out is not a factor. Me personally would be more focused on helping my family heal.So for future referrences every thing is not for every one.I understand J is in the spot light now but remain humble and private as if yall were just an average family w/no celeb involved.

F.U. said...

Tiffanie you are right. Why should it matter during such a horrible time whether or not Beyonce said anything to Jennifer or sent a note etc? I think James is more upset that people have said how nice it was that Beyonce went to the funeral or sent her repsects when she didn't.

The thing is, I have know idea who this James person is and if they weren't celebs, no we/he wouldn't even be discussing this...but they are.

And this is the most horrible time to pull out the "diva vs. diva" bullshit BUT in my opinion, diva or not, celeb or not - during the most horrible time that anyone can go thru, when you've worked wiht someone and had some sort of relationship, the least you could do is have your assistant send a note and/or some flowers. NOT that it will make or break Jennifer, nor will she give a shit, it just seems like it would be the nice thing to do.

But at the end of the day, no matter who was there for Jennifer, I think we all want her to come out of this stronger and better than ever. She has three angels lookin out for her now and more and love and support than she probably can even imagine.

Anonymous said...

I would like to think the Beyonce would have at least gave her condolences. But it is hard for me to believe the so called friends who speak out. Sometimes I think that these are people who don't really know a damn thang, but want to be a part of the action.