Thursday, February 12, 2009

Da Recession Hits Fashion Week


So if you're anything like me, you really don't care about NY Fashion Week unless its regarding an invite to an after party and a swag bag. (Geoffrey, take a breath and smile....I know its your life...ehay-ay-ay :) However, the one show that I take any interest in because it is always the most fabulous and the most fun is the Baby Phat show. My BFF and mother to my god-children in my head, Kimora Lee, has not actually cancelled BUT she is scaling the show down quite a bit and making it for buyers and best friends only. HEY! That means I should be going!! I keed...but seriously, ya'll just wait. Anyhoooo....here is what KiKi sayz:

"Now’s not the time to be running all over and flaunting the money that we don’t have,” Ms. Simmons says. “Now’s not the time to have all these people come to the show who are coming because they’re your best friends — the people who need to be there are the buyers who need to see the clothes, the editors.”

“It’s going to be small, intimate” she says, describing it as a quick “have a drink, thank you, I salute you, but OK, now we have to go home” affair."


Makes sense to me KiKi. Cuz you know I wouldn't be buying shit. I would be there just to play with Ming and Aoki Lee and talk about what we're gonna name their new baby brother. YES, I believe it is going to be a boy!!!

Kimora Lee isn't the only designer to scale down and we're lucky she's even having a show. Vera Wang, Betsey Johnson, Monique Lhuillier, Carmen Marc Valvo and Naeem Khan have decided not to show at the tents this season. Sounds like Fashion Week is gonna be wackadocious.

Yes indeed ya'll....Da Cession iz hittin er'body. It ain't right MAN!!!

Source/Source

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just back from the Carlos Miele show. Unfortunately, it appears that his muse was Keisha Knight Pulliam. A hot.....mess. There were 3 strong looks and 2 of them were on Arlenis, the fly new dominican model

F.U. said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! That sounds tragic Geoffrey! As a whole, from what I've been hearing and reading, this Fashion Week seems to boring and unfortunate. Blame it on da cession...