Thursday, February 19, 2009

Disney's First Black Princess!



This week was the unveiling of the new toy line for the upcoming Disney movie "The Princess and the Frog" and Princess Tiana, voiced by Anika Noni Rose, is the prettiest ever! I am so happy for all the little black girls who can finally go to the store and ask their parents to buy them the black princess from their favorite movie.

I for one, was ADDICTED to the Little Mermaid. Like, seriously. To this day I can recite that entire movie from beginning to end, er' last word of er' last song, and I still love it. But I do think of how special it would have been to be singing songs with a pretty princess who looked just like me and found love with someone who looks like the boys I saw everyday.

Anyway, the great part is that the time has finally come, and I guess its always better late than never.

Oh and Oprah plays Princess Tiana's mother! Fab! The movie is out this holiday season.

Source

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heart Anika. She went to undergrad w/ Mitzi and me

F.U. said...

I luh her too Geoffrey! So tell Anika I want to do the movie premiere red carpet so I can wear my Princess Tiana dress, mkay? We can be like, twin princesses!