Monday, March 30, 2009

UPDATE: Who Is Having A No. 1 Ladies' Detective Viewing Party?!


I hope you are!!! I told you guys how PUMPED I was about HBO's "The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" series featuring Jill Scott as the marvelous Mma Precious Ramotswe over a year ago and tonight, 8PM, is finally the premier! Break out the popcorn, get your drinks, and support our girls Jill and Anika Noni Rose!!



UPDATE: I'm hooked! Jill Scott does a FANTASTIC job portraying Precious Ramotswe. She is beyond believable and as an avid fan of The No. 1 Ladies' Detective books, I could not have asked for a better cast to bring the stories to life. Anika is SPECTACULAR...she has Grace DOWN. Don't tell her she didn't get an unprecedented 97% on her secretarial exam. And Idris....well he can do no wrong EVER...but he too offered another level of realism and depth that I am so excited about.

The best part is that the series is showing Botswana as a beautiful country with beautiful people who live normal lives, who are decent, educated, and loving people...but just like any country, there are people who cheat, rob, and kill. However, not ever country has The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. Lucky for us we get to tune in each week to see Mma Precious Ramotswe on the case.

1 comments:

Babybrown said...

'Not the Diddee???' ~ I love that part!

Oh yeah, and Jill Scott is absolutely gorgeous, I mean stunning!