Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ebony Magazine's Top 25 "It" Women

We get our choice of four fabulous Ebony Mag covers for their "It" women summer issue featuring Tina Turner, Michelle Obama, Halle Berry and Alicia Keys.



This is the full list of the 25:

Naomi Campbell
Jennifer Hudson
Michelle Obama
Tina Turner
Aretha Franklin
Halle Berry
Serena Williams
Condoleezza Rice
Oprah Winfrey
Tyra Banks
Angela Davis
Erykah Badu
Jill Scott
Lil’ Kim
Whoopi Goldberg
Diahann Carroll
Pam Grier
Patti LaBelle
Alicia Keys
Mo’ Nique
Diana Ross
Rihanna
Grace Jones
Mary J. Blige
Beyoncé



I agree with this list with the serious exception of Lil' Kim. Seriously, Ebony? Lil' Kim? She ain't had "It" since she decided to become an Asian.

2 comments:

Elle said...

I'm ready for Ebony to upgrade their cover format. Are they really still rockin with the format since like '83????

But then again, they've been putting on the same Ebony Fashion Fair show since '83 too. Somebody needs to hire me for image consulation...I will bring them into 3008!

F.U. said...

Elle you know what's funny...you are so right. Da covers really are old school...but I love 'em! I think it is cuz Ebony reminds me of my mother and my aunt and all their friends. Back in da 80's Black women were all Ebony all the time. I kind of love that Ebony hasn't changed.

But I feel you boo...and yes, you as image consultant would be more than fabulous...starting with "get rid of this, hell and no, tear this to shreds, and bish, are you serious? Where's my nugget ring so I can take it from back here..."