Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fashion Over Michael Jackson Tribute?


So we know that Chris Brown didn't get to perform at the BET Awards because Jay-Z told BET that he and Beyonce wouldn't show up let alone perform if Chris Brown hit that stage. (We also know that LeToya Luckett wasn't allowed to perform because Yonce's daddy told BET Yonce wouldn't if LeToya touched that stage but what else is new.) I believe Covergirl, a major endorser for BET, also said they would pull their sponsorship if Chris performed.

So the only other artist that would have been able to handle a Michael Jackson tribute and do it justice, is Usher. Why wasn't he there? Seems he was busy sitting front row with Karl Lagerfield at the Dior Homme fashion show.

He sent in this statement:

“It is with regret that I am unable to participate in the BET Awards Tribute to Michael Jackson on June 28th. When the BET Awards producers and organizers reached out to me to participate in the tribute, I was extremely flattered and humbled by the opportunity to pay tribute to the world’s greatest musical icon. Unfortunately, I am currently overseas and would not make it back in time to the Awards show. I look forward to seeing the show and I plan to work on a tribute to Michael Jackson when I return.”


Something tells me that if Usher really wanted to get his ass to the show, he could have. I dunno...maybe it was more important for him to watch hot men walk the catwalk.

Source

0 comments: