Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Nia Long Says Stay In Your Lane....



The gorgeous Nia Long, who covers and is interviewed in U.K. Mag PRIDE, was asked about singers who try to act and was specifically asked about Beyonce's performance in 'Obsessed'. Nia said, “I didn’t see ‘Obsessed,’ so I can’t comment, but it’s just not about how talented you are anymore. It’s about, ‘How much box-office revenue will this person generate?’ When you see certain people – we won’t name names – they just don’t have the skill, and no one in their team has said, ‘You need acting classes.”

I didn't see Obsessed either, even tho my sexual chocolate lover Idris Elba was in it, so I can't comment on Yonce's performance BUT I will say that I think if you ARE multi-talented, triple threats, and all that good stuff then you should be makin it do what it do it er'lane possible. Like, it's not the singer's fault that she can sing AND dance AND act. However, in the case of someone like Yonce...she has the means to executive produce her own movie, hence, how she got the lead role. It was her movie, Nia. She made $87 million in one year. When you can finance your own movies, fuck an acting class, boo. Do you.

But Nia...on the low low, I feel you. I even did a translation of an interview that Idris Elba did where "he" says that you would have been better. For that interview click: Luh u, Mean it Nia!

Source

0 comments: