Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Quincy Jones Agrees With F.U.!



As it pertains to VIBE magazine - the great magazine Quincy Jones started - Q has words:

“I’m trying to buy my magazine back now. They just messed my magazine all up, but I’m gonna get it back. You better believe it, I’m’a take it online because print and all that stuff is over. We gotta get into the 21st century you know. Print and all that stuff is over, we gotta remember that. The Chicago Tribune, The Seattle Post Intelligencer. The Miami Herald. They’re over the same way as the record business. We have got to get into this century.”

They sure did mess your magazine up, Q. And yeah, print is truly no longer where it's at (altho I still get VERY excited when my ESSENCE magazine comes in the mail er' month) but the real question is, however, with the saturation of the same shit on every blog and every website, how is VIBE.com gonna stand out? I'm sure you'll come up with something, Q....should be interesting to see what you can pull off.

0 comments: