Thursday, November 29, 2007

I Am Not My Hair But I'm Saying.....

I came across a posting at mommabrown.com by BabyBrown (Hey BabyBrown!) and she is in transition from her chemically treated hair to her naturally beautious state. My mother, sister, and two cousins have all done the transition and they all look fabulous and it works for them (I also come from fabulous/model type stock so there isn't too much we can do to mess up but still....) I on the other hand really believe PERM was made for me specifically. I mean, I think I've already told ya'll a bitch got beedee bees like a mo'fo. Fortunately for me, I'm able to hide my beedees AND that's the only part of my hair where the perm don't take. The point is this is a picture of chemically treated hair......SHIT.


This is why Tyra can't ever be seen in public without her lacefront. This is why most black women will never have healthy hair. And no bitch, it don't matter that you only use No Lye. I'm not saying that I'm on my way into transition but I may look into other options on how best to handle my beedee bees....see also lucky for me, I'm gorgeous. So no matter what I do, all I have to do is smile ....but for those of you who are fugly and got the nerve to allow yourselves to walk around with all kinds of shit in your hair...weaves, color, perms etc.....can you at least make sure your ends are trimmed (your hair can be down to your ass but if you have split ends the length means nothing), pick a color that is suited for your hair texture and skin complexion, and be sure to get the right blend for your skin and your lace front....if I can see where to pull-n-peel you are fuckin up (ask Yonce, she know).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Real talk... you sound like my best friend, your post is brilliant and hilarious!!! I have to remember to come through more often to bask in your excellence... hee hee he lol!!!

Your 'Yonce comment was mad funny!

Thanks for coming by the site, F.U., I needed that laugh!

BabyBrown

Unknown said...

This website is hilarious! I'm gonna have to hit babbybrown's website & this one almost more often. Keep up the good work and keep it real.

TT said...

You mean RELAXER & NOT PERM. Perms make your hair curly usu. for white people. Relaxers straighten u out

Anonymous said...

TT, people often use them interchangeably perms, silkners and relaxers... but I hear you perms are often used for to add texture to limp hair... but in our community they are like synonyms... lol

F.U. said...

Thanks BabyBrown....yes TT I call it perm and I'm far from white. Every black person I know calls it a perm, altho I do hear some people say relaxer. I don't think it matters what you call it...point is whether we are relaxing, perming, or whatever all it does is damage....but I always look hot with my damage...beedee bees and all!

Elle said...

Wow that pic is an eye opener! On Oprah they were just talking all about hair and how you really shouldn't be getting both a relaxer and color...but so many people do. No wonder our hair looks like a pull and peel!