Monday, May 12, 2008

Aaliyah: Icon


The late great Aaliyah is FADER mag's cover girl for the June Icon issue. When I think about Aaliyah, I still can't believe she is gone. VH1 Soul will play the "Rock da Boat" video and I still do all the choreography (like I was really on dat boat with a white tennis skirt on) and then I sit and go damn...just why? But more important than "why", is that Aaliyah is still relevant today and she'll never be forgotten.

What's your favorite Aaliyah song? Don't hate but um, my absolute favorite Aaliyah joint is "Journey to the Past" from the Anastasia soundtrack. I will break that song down a few good times...just smash it. Ya'll don't know nothing bout that.

Source

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl, you stole my song! i LOVE that song! my second favorite song by aaliyah is "I Refuse". LOVE IT!!!

aaliyah was a true queen and i still miss the movies and music she would have made if she were alive now.

RIP aaliyah

Elle said...

Basically the whole "Aaliyah" album...Rock the Boat, More than a Woman, We Need a Resolution.

I also love "Back in One Piece" w/ DMX...classic. Sadness.

The F_Uitlist said...

More than a woman (and I do the choreography too)but my fav of all time is 4 page letter. The F$%K it list is a romantic.

Dee said...

....ooh, yes, 4-pg letter is a good one. But her version of "At Your Best" is my fav.....still makes me nostalgic (ah, summer love of 1994...)

Anonymous said...

I loved "Let me know".