Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Michelle and Her Mama Do Essence!


First of all you better go Marian!!! Lookin all hot to def and stuff. Michelle's Mama is showin er'body where her daughter gets them fly ass genes from. They both are GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this cover! Who else would Essence put on their Mother's Day cover? I think this has to be one of my favorite Essence covers ever. Not to mention, the knowledge they are offering in the article about parenting, being Black women, and the importance of the Black family is beautifully heartfelt, wonderfully necessary and amazingly intelligent.

Her's a taste:

The First Grandmother:

Advice on raising children: “The main thing that I think needs to be taught to children is the ability to think and make decisions. You don’t have to have a lot of information, but you have to know how to get through the process. If you make mistakes you don’t [just] decide I will never do that again.”

Enjoying life in the White House: “…I really am. You want to know why? Because my children are good parents. It makes it very easy to be a grandmother when your children are good parents.”


You ain't neva lied Mrs. Robinson!

Pick up this copy of Essence. I know this one is a keeper. Meaning...when you're done reading it, put it back in the plastic sheath it was delivered in or if you pick it up from the newsstand get you something to keep this one nice. Yup, that's just how fly this issue is.

0 comments: