Saturday, July 25, 2009

All Hail The Queen: Beyonce


Mkay, so I know I talk shit about Yonce. I know this. BUT ya'll do know that as much as I hate on her, I love her, and I always give props where props are due. I had the pleasure and the privilege to experience Beyonce live at her "I Am..." concert and seriously, I was beyond entertained.

What amazes me and the reason she really is the best doin it (and maybe to ever do it as it pertains to female performers), is cuz SHE IS SINGING!!! She is singing live and she sounds BETTER than she sounds on her damn CDs. She KILLS it!!!! She looks fabulous, she is very engaged with the audience, her band is sick, her dancers are hot (two of the male dancers bodies were reeee-dickkkk-uloussssss!), her back up singers - Tha Mamas - are curvy, sexaay, and sangin, and again, Yonce sounds AMAZING.

She manages to sing like er'song she's ever done, including Destiny's Child stuff, she flips and flies in the air, she moves the show to the middle of the arena so er'body gets to see her even better, she sang 'Say My Name' to some guy named Jeff, gave him one of her sweat rags and made his life (you know he's jerkin off to that towel right now), she included the cutest home videos of her as little girl, and you know that she gave over 200% to us. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. If I could, I'd tell her thanks for making my way too expensive ticket more than worth it.

I also LOVED snappin for each an'er kid that was losin their mind. My two faves were this pair of how you doins....one was very small and petite and had on Dereon head to toe, a pink Dereon very, very, very, tight shirt, skinny jeans, and wedges, with some special Yonce earrings. I couldn't believe he didn't have on a Sasha Fierce weave to complete the look but he just rocked a low cesar. The other was taller, a whole lot more chubbier (actually he was just fat), and had on the same Dereon very, very, very tight shirt but it was blue, some knee-length cut off Dereon shorts, and sneakers with some Chanel earrings and bracelets going all the way up both arms. I saw them as we were leaving and they were overwhelmed by what a fabulous show Yonce put on and they were buying a program. They couldn't even move while lookin at the program. Watchin a gay love Yonce is like watchin unicorns fly over rainbows. I could watch it all day.

Now listen, Yonce is the undisputed Queen and no one can touch her BUT just cuz she puts on the best show ever don't think I won't still talk about her...for example, while we waited for her to come out they played music by Solange, Michelle, Destiny's Child, and some other people...Kelly got a number one song right now. Just cuz she chose to move on and allow new people in her life, why she can't get a lil support? Ain't she part of the reason Yonce can even do this damn show? And I will still talk about those ugly ass House of Dereon clothes and when her nappy edges are hangin out her lace front. Yes, yes I will.

Luh u Yonce, and I mean it!

I Am....a fan.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I 100% agree. I saw her in Chicago and that damn bitch had my feet hurting because I had to attempt to dance along with her. Oh and the Chicago gays were having the time of their damn lives, it was almost as entertaining as Bey! I love her now. Especially after she did the show and looked a hot fucking mess at the end. You can clearly tell she gave it her all! I think I need a wind machine and a light up wonder woman outfit...

Anonymous said...

Kelly is not on the label no more plus the song that she had out now is not hers she just a guess artist. why should they promote it.they're only promoting artist on the label

F.U. said...

Duh, Anonymous. It was obvious they were only playin people on their label...but still like I said, just cuz she moved on doesn't mean they can't still support her? They could have played a lil snippet, gave her a lil shout out...

Sarcasm is so wasted...

P.S. I also know that Kelly's #1 song is not technically her song but does anybody walk around talkin bout that DJ's song featuring Kelly? No, it's always that dance song that Kelly sings. She is the reason that song is #1.

Thanks for stoppin by!

Ava E. said...

Beyonce is ok in my book, not the best, not the worst....sigh, so I just don't like when she cries during "flaws and all...." while I understand it's part of the show...it's still fake as shit, and fake is not something I appreciate at all! She kills it in her other songs, however....maybe she would be more likeable if she wasn't so plastic in her interviews...she seems so awkward and not human in those, but I digress......